- AA: Mutual, daily fellowship and support.

AA: Mutual, daily fellowship and support.

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

AA: Mutual, daily fellowship and support.

Postby kcjax » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:10 pm

My name is KC. I am new on this site. I have been in recovery for the past 8 months.
I was a party animal, still am only without the alcohol. I am retiring from the Army soon. I promised that I willnot be a drunk outside of the Army,lol. I have 3 kids and a wife (hopefully). I have devoted the majortiy of my time to "active sobriety". Constant reading, meditations, reflections, meetings
And hopefully soon online through my cell phone. I would love to start daily ramblings and checking in.....regardless of what you wanna say I will reply.....if u wanna give or get help. Or even if u just had a bad day.....ok...peace out...
kcjax

Re: Mutual, daily fellowship and support.

Postby LMcK » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Hello KC
My name is Lynda and I am an alcoholic. I too am new to this forum! I am new to sobriety too ~ just 3 months. I have not done the 90 meetings in 90 days, but I have done absolutely as many as I could.
I do hope your plan to remain sober outside the army works out for you. Unfortunately, I tried sobriety (without the AA 12 Step program) last year and I lifted that first drink. I brushed with death twice through that spree. I think that's why I was so determined to work the program this time and to do it as soon and as thoroughly as I could. I truly believe it would be death or insanity for me if I touch alcohol again, just as the B.B. says.
Have you tackled the program KC. If so, how did you find it?
I would like to take up your suggestion to have 'daily ramblings', but I can't guarantee that I can be online every day, and it's unlikely to be the same time of day. I would of course, be happy to contribute when I can. :)
LMcK

Postby Dallas » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Hello Lynda and KC! Great to hear from you!

I appreciate your initiative and your sharing KC. Thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself and for starting a topic! That's great. I hope you keep it up!

Also -- my personal thanks to you, and my heartfelt gratitude for you -- for serving our country, and keeping us free to get and be sober -- amongst our other freedoms! If there is anything I can do for you -- please know that I'm here for you.

Best wishes to you and to you, Lynda, too!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby kcjax » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Hey Dallas and Lynda,
Got 2 be honest didn't fully tackle the program. Had my share of slip ups and close calls.
I found the AA on accident. Just happen to be in a downward spiral looking for help. My world was falling aprt in every category. Home, family, work, health, sanity, self image. I blamed all my problems on other people, circumstances, race,
Luck. Everything. It took someone to ask me about my drinking. And this was years ago...it took yrs to get me my 8 months...
And I call the 8 months in recovery....after all the slip ups and disbelief in alcholism.....I actually have about 45 days straight sober....so I still suffer daily. But I have realized, understood and accepted that this is the only path that can
Lead me 2 happiness....peace....sanity...love....and even success! So I got 2 stay honest. Its amazing how perfect of a poison alcohol is. I believe that everyone has the potential given the right conditions to become a drunk. Its hard 2 belive its about genes or a weakness. It is a poison. A poison so diabolical that it tricks you with feelings of elation until you have consumed the perfect amount. The perfect amount tofall into its trap....then BAM! One day you wake up wondering "what the hell?".
kcjax

Postby kcjax » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 am

Long day..longer days ahead..work is less frustrating sober....I don't thinkg I ever dealt with stress sober.....goin to beat this tho....id rather feel cocky than hopeless....god bless all who struggle...help us all learn who we really are....help us to repair the damage we created within our relationships...and pls do not allow us to fall victim to life's most complete poison any longer
kcjax

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:51 am

It's great to be sober. However, when I first started out sober -- I couldn't stand it. :-)
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Camel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:38 am

Dallas wrote:It's great to be sober. However, when I first started out sober -- I couldn't stand it. :-)

Thanks, Dallas. Your post reminded me of those awful, awful days. Two things my Sponsor passed on to me during that miserable time, that I hope never to forget; "You never have to be this sick again", and "You're getting stronger every minute." I need the repitition.

Hub
Camel

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks Hub. That's my great motivator -- that I never have to be a newcomer, sobering up, all over again. It was so tough the first time around -- I sincerely believe that I would not be able to make it again, if I had to start all over again.

I guess that was the advantage of getting my butt kicked by alcoholism and newly found sobriety -- when I first sobered up. It sure taught me a very strong lesson of "what I don't want to have to do again!" :-)
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby kcjax » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:56 am

Camel wrote:
Dallas wrote:It's great to be sober. However, when I first started out sober -- I couldn't stand it. :-)

Thanks, Dallas. Your post reminded me of those awful, awful days. Two things my Sponsor passed on to me during that miserable time, that I hope never to forget; "You never have to be this sick again", and "You're getting stronger every minute." I need the repitition.

Hub

Wow...that is goin in my daily mantra......never have 2 be sick again...and strong by the minute
kcjax

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober