- IS A.A. FOR YOU?

IS A.A. FOR YOU?

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby tj » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:32 am

Good morning all,

What a great topic!! I used to hate that test which in and of itself proved I was an alcoholic. Some mornings I wake up and can't believe that I have been sober this long. Me!!!! I could always get sober by myself but I could never stay sober. I am thankful to God and all of you for that. Have a great Friday.

Manette
tj

Postby GeoffS » Wed May 07, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi, I'm Geoff and I'm an alcoholic.

I dont know exactly when I became an alcoholic etc. Dont care to either. I do know I caught alcoholism through my ears in the rooms of AA.

I learned the truth about mny disease and myself and how to get a solution to that that was not drinking. Drinking used to be my solution. A spiritual way of life is my solution now. To me that means I must be alcoholic.

I must be alcoholic because I dont drink these days. I do the actions of AA and live the way I have been taught, and life is good and I dont need alcohol.

Before AA I thought that alcohol could solve anything, and didnt know what to do when it didn't, so baffled i got drunk more.
I think I must have been an alcoholic.

AA works for alcoholics I was told. It works for me if I work it. It has introduced me to god. I didnt have god before, I had vodka. I must have been an alcoholic.

With god in my life, and the actions of AA to follow to help me keep in contact with him, and love from and of my fellow travellers, I am ok today. I am still an alcoholic though.
GeoffS

Postby Dallas » Wed May 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Thanks for sharing GeoffS,

That's a great AA message. And, I appreciate you! :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby garden variety » Thu May 08, 2008 2:38 pm

Ditto Geoff...great message. And thank you.
garden variety

Postby dionne » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:20 pm

congra eblie might have spell your name wrong but dallas I like the comment as to why we do or say the thing we say this is the first step for me to really admit that I have a problem with acholic so yes am I acholic and I want to better myself I want to be that person that didn't drink I have been drinking for a year or so everyday maybe one or two days thats only because I had hang over and I would start back up or someone had hurted me and said something to me so I would use that for an excuse to drink. It use to be occassionly none I'm tried and it become a hazardous to me and my family.

So can anyone help me threw this am ready and I know that its going to be hard and all I can say is one day at a time.
dionne

Postby Dallas » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:03 am

Great to hear from you Dionne!

I understand. It sounds like we used to drink the same way! :wink:

I want to help you, and here is what to do now:

Call this number:

AKRON , OHIO
Akron AA Intergroup Council
775 N Main
Akron , OH - Telephone: (330) 253-8181

They will be more than happy to meet with you and to help you get started!

You'll be in good hands there. It's the actual birth-place of AA!

Keep me posted too. We will help you here, and they will help you there!

You'll be glad you did!

Best wishes for you, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober