- Gratitude

Gratitude

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Gratitude

Postby garden variety » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:44 pm

Hi all,

I know I've been rambling on about a lot of things for a little while here. I just wanted to thank you all and Dallas for having this forum. As I post some of these stories that I've lived through, I get this deep - very deep - sense of gratitude to be living in the city where I live and be surrounded by so many great AA meetings and longtime sober people. This is my world here and I guess sometimes I take it for granted.

But when I post those little stories about friends like Joey, and Lee, and Tommy, and the men and women in this neck of the woods - I realize that I am so lucky and blessed to have so many people that have been such fine AA's to learn from and to copy in my own life. Living in the Akron-Cleveland area is living where AA is so much alive. There are so many stories that are living and walking today - so many friends - and such good examples.

I don't try to be acting like "I'm somebody" or you know, swollen headed about these things. I guess I've been being pushed to share some of this stuff with you all. Remember, I really am only a "garden variety" drunk who is no different than any of you all.

But as I recall things in my life to you all by posting, it really makes me see how good this fellowship has been to me. It can be the same to each and every one of you, if you want it to be.

Thank all of you again for your friendship and fellowship...and thank you Dallas for making this place possible.

Paul
garden variety

Postby Dallas » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:21 pm

A very special thank you, to you Paul -- and, to the other regulars here, who make this such a great place for me and countless others (who visit anonymously -- and feed on your experience, strength and hope that you all share. There are about 1,500 people each day, from all over the world -- who cruise through here and spend a lot of time reading your forum messages)!

You really are blessed to live where you live!!! I've visited Akron, and for me -- I must have felt similar to what a Christian would feel -- who got to visit Bethlehem! It was a very moving and spiritual experience for me! Many of the sites that I visited -- made me feel like I was walking on some kind of Holy ground! It was such an awesome experience and I look forward to my next journey to Akron -- the birthplace of A.A.!!!!

I haven't made it to Cleveland, yet -- but this morning I did listen to an old talk by Clarence Snyder!!! That was awesome, too!

Thank you Paul -- for all that you bring with you!!!! And, all that you share!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby anniemac » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:27 pm

I too have gratitude for this site and all of you who post here. I learn by example; if I sat alone in a vacuum and read the BB, I would not be able to grasp much. But going to meetings and interacting with other AAs helps me so much in learning how to look at things differently and to understand things that used to baffle me. And this site widens my perspective even more so. Through the years of my on-line involvement with other AA members, I've heard things that I've never come across in my local meetings and for that I am very grateful.
anniemac

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober