- An Alcoholic Suicide Epidemic....

An Alcoholic Suicide Epidemic....

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:58 pm

I can say, from my own experience, that when someone has a muzzle in their mouth -- talking to them about their character defects, or selfishness, self-centeredness, or self-pity -- isn't where you want to go when you trying to get them to take their finger off the trigger and put the gun down. That doesn't get them anywhere but where your praying that they won't go - next.

With that said -- if there is anyone reading this, and you feel delicate and fragile -- or like you might be at a jumping off place -- please -- take a breath -- and pause.

Every problem known to man has been a temporary problem -- and there is -- hope -- and there is a solution other than harming yourself or harming someone else.

Some of us really do know how hurt feels. Many of us understand the hurt and pain that is beyond comprehension. Some of us have trudged the same road and the same path. And, something happened -- and it did get better.

It got better because we waited for a different action. For a different thought. We waited for the Calvary to arrive -- and it did arrive -- or we wouldn't be here today to be talking to you about it.

Please -- reach out and let us know how you feel. Let's talk about it. Let us hear your side of the story. Let us help you.

And, if you choose to believe that we can't help you -- I hope that you'll realize that we will know someone, some place, some where, who does have an answer and a solution to whatever problem or problems that it is that you are facing. And, we are willing to help you -- to find your own solution, if you believe that our solution will not work for you.

Please -- don't choose a permanent solution -- to a temporary problem.

I know what it feels like to be depressed and hopeless. I know what it feels like to be desperate and desolate. I've been there, too. But, I found a way to get to the other side -- there is nothing special about me -- but I do believe that there is something special about you. And, I know that if I found a way to the other side of my problems -- that there is a way for you to find a way to the other side of your problems, also.

Please -- reach out and let someone at least try to help you.

Sometimes, I reached out for help -- and it even felt like God Himself had forsaken me. But, the fact is -- He didn't forsake me -- just like He didn't forsake you.

God didn't have anything to do with our problems. He didn't cause them. He didn't make them. God would never test you. Life has not tested you.

I wouldn't be here to write this message to you -- if it wasn't for the fact -- that there really is a solution.

Sometimes -- it takes more time to find a solution. Sometimes, it takes reaching out further and further and further -- to get what it is that can help us with a solution to our problem.

Please -- don't give up. My heart is with you -- because my heart has been where your heart is.

I eventually found help -- because I didn't give up. I kept looking and searching -- even when I was totally positive beyond any doubt -- that there was no solution for me.

Even when the solution was presented to me -- I did not have one ounce of belief -- that there was a solution to my problems -- or that the solution would work for me.

I was sure that there was a solution for other peoples problems -- and I was sure that I was different. I was sure that no one could understand. I was sure that no one could or would help. I was at a place in my life where it was so black and dark -- that I couldn't even imagine Light -- let alone remember, that Light even existed.

Please -- pause. Wait.

I didn't believe that God or prayer would help me -- because I didn't know if there was a God. And, I was convinced if there was a God -- that He probably hated me.

But, I took a risk. I had already tried prayers hundreds and thousands of times -- and it didn't seem like that had worked either.

So, I got on my knees, with the realization that I had exhausted all possibilities for a solution to my problem -- and that there was no solution -- and I took the risk of saying one more prayer.

Without knowing who or what God was -- if there was a God -- I didn't want to offend God. And, I got on my knees and prayed. I had absolutely let go of any previous idea that I had about God -- because either God was like I thought Him to be -- or maybe He wasn't.

And, I asked, one more time.

This time -- when I asked -- I told God, that maybe I had been wrong about Him all my life. Maybe I had ideas about God -- that just were not true. And, I gave God a chance to let me know what He was really like -- by letting go of all my previous ideas about Him.

As I let go of all those previous ideas -- I prayed "God, I don't want to offend you. I don't even know that you are there. There is no way that I can prove that you are -- and there is no way that I can prove that you are not. I know so little about you, that I don't know if there is just one of You -- or if there is Many of You. And, if there is Many of You -- I don't know which One I should be praying to."

And, I let God know that I was afraid -- and that I was even afraid to pray to God.

I had no other hope. I had no other place that I could turn to. And, I had already tried God.... and I was sure -- that it wasn't going to work. I was sure that God was not going to answer my prayer -- even if He was there. I had absolutely not one bit of faith or belief -- other than the faith and belief that it wasn't going to work.

Guess what? I took an action -- and something happened.

I had told God that if He would help me -- even though I didn't believe that He would help me -- that I would take another action.

The other action that I took was to reach out to somewhere else -- and to ask for help there, too.

And, Guess what?

I'm here to write this message to you today. Maybe there is a God. Maybe there isn't a God. I can't prove that either way. But, I do know that there are Miracles -- and that Miracles can, and do happen -- when we seek them. I don't know where they come from -- I don't know where they go to. I just know that they happen -- because they have happened to Me.

I know what actions I took -- prior to the Miracle happening for me. And, I have become convinced -- through my own personal experience -- that when I need a Miracle -- a Miracle can and will happen -- just as soon as I take the right action.

The deal is -- that we must keep taking actions -- until we discover the next right action. And, the next right action -- could be the final action that we need to take -- to produce our Miracle.

But, if we quit -- and we give up -- we will not be able to take another action. And, the action we took -- was the wrong one.

Please -- don't give up. There is a Miracle -- just for you -- if you'll not give up -- and you'll continue to seek -- for the next right action.

My heart is with you.

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Candy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:25 pm

Dallas,

Thank you. You have helped me more than you will ever imagine. I very much needed to read this now.

Thank you to others for your encouragement.

Love u much

Candy.
Candy

Previous

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober