- Hi im natalie an alcoholic

Hi im natalie an alcoholic

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby Tina L. » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:22 pm

hi natalie. welcome to the sight and congrats on your sobriety. it's sad to think of what you are missing by not being in A.A. i say that because A.A. has been wonderful for me and i'm living a life today that i never believed would be so good. thank you A.A.

KCB

tina xoxoxo
Tina L.

Postby natshen » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:50 am

hi dallas i went to therapy today and told him about this site , last night i was working on my fourth step which i printed out from this site , it was a little scary when i started to write all the wrongs i have done others , suddenly i started to think , wow maybe the victim role isnt really for me , blaming others in my life for the wrong i did them , well somehow i just cant justify it anymore.The one thing i struggled with was being sexually abused by my brother when i was four , that was not my fault so does that mean from then on nothing was my fault , well no , my therapist said " if you go to a ballgame and get hit by a ball " whose fault is it , well my fault for going to the ball game but the ball hitting me unfortunate ,can i move on from the ball hitting me sure i can putting it into perspective.He said we are all spiritual beings here on earth living a human experience earth school , i was sick as a spirit so choose my mum(england spelling) and dad and sister and brother to live with they are all sick too , now im here to get healthy and return to the spirit world healthy or at least healthier
thanks for letting me share natalie an alcoholic
natshen

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:10 pm

Hello Natalie,

Thank you for sharing.

I'm sure that took a lot of courage to share. I admire your courage. And, it makes me kind of wish that I could have had a professional person, like your therapist -- to work with during my first year of sobriety. I'm sure it would have made a huge difference for me. Maybe, had I been able to connect with someone like your therapist -- before I started drinking -- I might not have become alcoholic! And, I could have got the 12 Steps, too!!! :lol:

Thanks again for sharing. Your experience is encouraging to me.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby natshen » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:30 pm

thanks dallas , outside of my family i dont talk about the abuse and it really helped me to share , it happened , but hey #### happens , i am in a great time of my life confessing my sins and there are many , this site is well a gods send , i know now there are no accidents and no coincidences and until i can get to an aa meeting this for me is truly amazing. my therapist is very good my family also goes to him , i have been crying out for help for years but i guess i never did the unthinkable back then , just asked for some plain old fashioned advice , that is new to me , feelings ,isnt it better to cover them up and suck it up ,well it was but not now , so thanks again for your replies you have truly helped me
thanks for letting me share natalie
natshen

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:58 pm

Thank you, Natalie.

Yep. Feelings. I still have a difficult time with them. Sometimes, the hurts and pains can be unimaginable and feel as though they are unbearable. Even the one's that we get in A.A.

Thank God, that we have the 12 Steps and at least one other alcoholic that we can talk to about them.

I wish you the best.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

I'm Patrick I'm an alcoholic

Postby pglock45 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:02 pm

I'm Patrick I'm an alcoholic. After reading all of the posts. I wanted to share something else. In reading all of your responses I am reminded of something a longtimer told me at one of my first meetings. He said ,Pat if you keep coming to meetings and follow the suggested 12 steps of alcoholics anonymous ,youwill never have to drink again. I thought WHAT!!?? I NEVER HAVE TO DRINK AGAIN!!?? I thought this was one of the craziest things I ever heard. I could not even imagine not having to drink. I'm a guy who couldn't even tie my shoes to go to the office without drink. I learned that I had to take it one day at a time, and in time those days at a time add up. Living sober and living with your sober self gets easier and has great rewards. One of my favorite passages from the big book is "the promises". I read those almost every day with my reflections. I'm truely blessed in sobriety. I also wanted to share my gratitude for this site. Thanks All for being here!! Pat
pglock45

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:50 pm

Hey Patrick, welcome to the site -- and, thank you for sharing!

I'm grateful that you're with us and I look forward to your participation and your contributions to help others!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober