question for papers

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:35 pm

question for papers

Postby Britney » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:53 am

where do i get papers to show i went to aa classes and passed? do you have them here?

garden variety
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm

Postby garden variety » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:55 am

Hello Britney,

The only time any of us "passes the AA class" is today if we don't pick up a drink. For alcoholics like me and many others here, "class is in session" and scheduled for every day for the rest of my life.

So far I've been to class every day for nine years - and I passed every one of them. There are others like Dallas who have been going to class every day for over 20 years.

OK I'm being silly - what I mean is that every day of my life is a "class" I go to. I call it the "Classrom of Life." Probably not what you meant, huh?

If you need "papers" to show you've been to classes, you have to get them from real live people and attend real live "classes" - we call them AA meetings. Or you might need to go to one of those "driving classes" because you were arrested under the influence while driving. I don't know why you need a paper or why you haven't got one, but check with your probation officer, your treatment counseler, the court in the city where you faced a hearing related to being drunk, or whoever told you to go to AA classes wherever you got in trouble. That is where you should find the paper and they also can tell you where are the "classes" you need to be going to.

You will probably have to go to meetings in your neighborhood. That's where you take your pieces of paper and the group treasurer or secretary signs them to prove you "attended" the meeting. It also helps if you don't drink so you remember what you're supposed to do, where you're supposed to go, and so you don't forget where you left your signed paper.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:36 am

Postby Candy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi Brit, I'm wondering if you are the same Britney that I know from when I lived in Malibu. It is a small world you know. Does a girl down the street name Candy mean anything to you? Peaches and cream make me scream? :lol:

You can probably get papers or find out about them by calling the Central Office number in Santa Monica. They can help you find them. You can ask Dallas. He probly knows.

Keep coming back Brit. It would be so cool if you are the Britney that used to live up the street from me. Let me know if you are.


Return to “Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest