- Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Happy Holidays

Postby musicmode » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:13 pm

My name is Anne, I'm an alcoholic

I just wanted to stop for a few moments today and touch base with all of you. I want you all to know how much I appreciate all of you who take the time to visit this site and share your experience, strength, hope, thoughts and insight. You all, in your own way, help keep me sober, and help with little awakenings along the way. This is definitely something I can not do alone, and whether it be 2 in the afternoon or 2 in the morning, this 'little room' is always open, and more times than not, someone else is around.

I hope you all have a great and sober Christmas for those of you who do celebrate, and for those of you who do not...remember to take some time out to be good to yourself.

In the Spirit of the fellowship,
Anne
musicmode

Postby Tim » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:34 pm

I like your term, 'little awakenings', Anne. which exactly describes much of my progress in sobriety. I've never had any big awakenings in recovery, but the little ones add up.

And I agree with you that we cannot recover alone. It's a 'we' program, right from the very first word of the very first step of the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Tim

Postby Dallas » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:03 pm

Thank you, Anne.

Happy holidays to you, too!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Lee » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:21 pm

Thanks Anne,
Merry Christmas and hope you have a happy new year :D
Lee

Postby garden variety » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:52 am

Hello Everyone,

Well it's still Christmas for me. It's been that way every day for few years now. I've been learning that in this here 4th dimension, its Christmas and Thanksgiving every day. So I hope you all are enjoying the gifts and giving a few gifts of your own to those who want it.

Well ma and me went visiting as might be expected. It was great and we saw folks we haven't seen in years. One of the kin had breast cancer and was just finished with chemo.

Really, Dallas had it right last week when he said tell your loved ones that you love them as much as you can whenever you can. Especially if you have a mom and dad that loves you and is still alive. Just pick up that phone and make those fingers take some actions.

I had lunch with my daughter. I looked at her face and listened to her talk, something I haven't done near enough. She is grown, and a person all of her own. I was pretty much in awe while I was with her. She is a bright one, too. I told her I wish I would have spent more time getting to know her better earlier on, and that this was new to me and I see what I was missing. She had one of those comments that went like "You weren't ready then."

She was right. I told her that I now can learn from her. They have this saying in the rooms around here "When the student is ready the techer will appear."

Well I hope everyone is ready today.

God bless all of you and thank you for keeping this joint open 24/7!

Paul
garden variety

Postby Dallas » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:55 am

Hey Paul,

It's good to hear from you. I missed hearing from you the last few days. I'm glad you were out with your mom having a good time and visiting your kin. It's also great to hear about you spending time with your daughter -- I imagine that really tickles your heart! I enjoy reading about your adventures. Thanks for sharing them -- and, glad to see you back on the site!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober