- New here

New here

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

New here

Postby dahlgren » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:24 am

Hi everyone my names Mike and I'm an alcoholic/addict. I just celebrated 25 years clean and sober this past November 18th and attend a couple of meetings a week at my home group here in Kansas City, which was a group I helped found 23 years ago. This program is a critical component of my life and I am very excited to become a member of this forum, being able to extend far and wide with other members of this life saving program.

I recently became a member of another 12 step program, Naranon, because of an addiction my AW developed with crack. It was through that program that I became aware of the help available through the Internet that led me to this forum. I am a firm believer in the 12 steps regardless of the program they are utilized for, for they led me to a strong and everlasting relationship with my Higher Power.

I look forward to reading all of your posts and sharing any ESH I can offer and I thank you all for being here.

In love and recovery,
Mike
dahlgren

Postby Dallas » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:49 am

Mike, welcome to the site and to the forum. It's great to have you here with us. While we're not exactly neighbors -- we're not too far from each other. A couple of years ago I drove up to the Heartland Round-up in K.C. when my sponsor and a fellow-brother-in-sobriety talked up there. I met a great bunch of A.A.'s up in KC, and I've looked forward to making some future trips up there, for the fun and the fellowship.

I've heard a lot of good things about Naranon. I have some friends here in Fort Smith, who are active in Naranon.

It is amazing how many millions of people from all walks of life have benefited from the 12 Steps. For me, that's a lot of direct evidence that our solution will work for any problem that I may encounter in life. All I've got to do is take the time and effort to apply it to my problems or situations -- and, it does work, whenever I work it.

And, I agree with you -- the Internet opens the doors to many opportunities to practice our 12th Step in reaching out to others. Sometimes, I think of how easy we have it -- in comparison to those who were suffering and searching for a solution back in 1939, when the most that they could do was to write a letter to New York, or make an expensive long-distance telephone call to find help. Back in 1995, when I first put Step12.com on the web, as a private "closed site" -- my long-distance bills were running between $300 to $800 a month -- just to keep in touch with the Fellowship that I needed and craved. :wink:

Glad you're here Mike!

KCB!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober