- Once upon a time

Once upon a time

Original poems that are specifically recovery related

Postby ccs » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:11 pm

Sorry I missed the love fest guys that would be sooo cool a sober slumber party ( and thats exactly what I was having when I fell off the board except it was just me and my doggies slumbering)

did you mention french choclate truffles :D :D OHHHH Dallas you sure know how to throw a slumber party :lol:

chocolate ,coffee,PB&J and the Hokey Pokey AWWW man what great time

hey Dallas, if you cant do PB&J anymore try creamcheese and jelly MMMMMM
My favorite!!!gotta get the whipped(cause it spreads better) Philly cream cheese and strawberry perserves MMM MMM MMMM :D guess its a CC&J !!

almost forgot what started this topic Heathers poem AWESOME SWEETIE keep Em comin :) :)
LUV YA Cess
ccs

Postby tim-one » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:16 am

'Ight ... I'm JONESIN' HERE !!!!!! :?

HHAHahahahaha ... lemme tell ya my PB&J story in case you missed it in some other forum:

In rehab, every night before lights-out, they would bring in a big tray of sandwiches. Every night I snagged me 2 PB&Js and 2 milks. (PO'd me every night cuz they woudn't bring chocolate milk. Even though I so EMPHATICALLY requested it.

Anyway, after 28 days of that, I took the habit home with me. Now, every night before bed, I have 2 PB&Js and a huge tumbler of RICH CHOCOLATY OVALTINE, PLEASE !!!!!! :lol:

I came outa there with an ungodly sweet tooth. Peanut M&Ms and root beer, too. (And I thunk ALCOHOL was gonna rot my teefs out ! :P )

Ok ... there will be NO SLUMBERING at our slumber parties! Unless your 'puter has an auto-type feature. :lol:

Anybody know how to play Scrabble on the 'puter without cheating?

Heather,

apparently I need to do some more searching of the forum! I haven't found that story! Would like to read it.

:wink: When I first showed up here, I was replying to every post I read. Felt downright ignored, "dam hard to get some attention from these closed-clique people. How rude!") :x

Then I noticed one day that most of them were 6 mos to a YEAR AGO! No wonder nobody would talk to me. OVER. DONE. Turn off that "watch this thread" email notice thingie. Movin' on. :roll:

Dallas ... got another one for ya:

"I've come to believe that I was an alcoholic before I was just a twinkie in my daddy's eye." :wink:

Heather,

I dont know if this belongs here, or if its appropriate...but hey...

Maybe you were right after all. You shoulda posted this in the "Who knows what will make an alcoholic think what?" forum. :lol:

Ya never can tell, huh?. I really appreciate your poem. Thanks for it!

Love y'all,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby ccs » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:53 pm

hey Tim 1 thats soo funny right while I`m reading your post I`m sitting here after work having a creamcheese&jelly samich and a large glass of chocolaty ovaltine!!!!! I drink it all the time too :shock:
ccs

Postby angel143 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:47 am

:lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:
angel143

Postby Dallas » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:52 am

Cessie wrote:hey Tim 1 thats soo funny right while I`m reading your post I`m sitting here after work having a creamcheese&jelly samich and a large glass of chocolaty ovaltine!!!!! I drink it all the time too

Hey!!! I'll drink to that!!! But, hold the Ovaltine!!!! I like my milk straight!!! (Just like I liked my whiskey!) :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby tim-one » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:24 am

HAHAHAHAhahahahahaha ....

Dallas,

First things first: Anonymity!

This place is more like Alcoholics Anomalous. (Definition below)

I drink milk with EVERYTHING. I go thru no less than 3 gallons a week ... my wife doesn't even drink it. No such thing as osteoperosis in THIS body. But I've got hell with saliva stones. Can't wait till all that calcium reaches my gall bladder and kidneys. AAHAAAHAAAOOOOWWWW ! :(

Cessie,

They nearly ruined Ovaltine for me telling me it's got vitamins and stuff that's good for me. DAMMIT!

Well, at least it tastes better. And didja notice it stays mixed so much better than Nesquik? Pet peave - constant re-stirring. :evil:

Love,
Tim1

PS: Anomaly -
1 : the angular distance of a planet from its perihelion as seen from the sun
2 : deviation from the common rule : irregularity
3 : something anomalous : something different, abnormal, peculiar, or not easily classified
tim-one

Postby Dallas » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 am

You mean anomalous #3... "a sober alcoholic!" :lol: :lol:

I thought you meant ano-malice! :shock: Ouch!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby tim-one » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:27 am

Of course I meant #3.

I never heard perihelion in a meeting.

I've heard something-HELLION, but not that one.

:lol:
tim-one

Previous

Return to Recovery Poems