- The Third Life

The Third Life

Original poems that are specifically recovery related

The Third Life

Postby Ranman99 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm not a poet and I know it;-) I write songs. Complete this one back about two weeks ago and trying to lay it down with a friend from the program next Monday.

The Third Life v25.7.09

Kiss my kid kiss my wife exit into the third life all I’ve known all I’ve grown all the crap I’ve ever sown she calls Jesus on the telephone I just smiled grabbed my pack and booted on down the road born to survive born to die twice

I’m going left and she heads right she’s getting taller and dazzles my eyes

Intrepid tune and growing light three monkeys walk out into the night native goddess rises to fight bravery and neon lights tortures my soul to keep them hangin’ round I sit quietly and focus on the ground born to entice born to die twice

I’m sending signals across the sand I hold a secret in my left hand

What I’ve seen from my birth what if I search for heaven on earth what I seek what I hide all the secrets wrapped up in pride will I find a simple truth inside I just smiled grabbed my phone and headed out for a ride

Called you up to say goodbye see you next in another time

Seeking peace chanting twice she takes voodoo over Christ in the field by her home there’s a mountain and some stones she refrains from listening to the sophistry I just wandered aimlessly and asked myself for proof torn between the tide torn to die twice

Senseless killings had gotten me down I changed the channel and followed it down

Kiss my kid kiss my wife enter into the third life all I’ve seen where I’ve been all the spaces in between she relates how things have gone today I just smiled looked at my toes and stayed out of my own way born to survive born to die twice
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:38 pm

When you get that finished I'd like to hear it!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:24 pm

No probs. It's what I do to stay sane ;-)

My good friend (new friend) Texas Steve just happens to be a player so we are going to try and nail this down on Monday.

Will keep you in the loop Dallas. And thanks!
Ranman99

Return to Recovery Poems