- I didn't hear this in a meeting ....

I didn't hear this in a meeting ....

Sobriety quotes and sayings heard in Meetings

I didn't hear this in a meeting ....

Postby Dallas » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:23 pm

This may not go here... I didn't hear it in a meeting and it's not really like an A.A. quote... but, I guess it could have been. I was going to post it elsewhere... but, couldn't figure out where to put it.

I've got to prove to Paul (GardenVariety) that there is at least one line in that old spiritual book that I've read. :lol: Except, I think this comes from a modern version of it... but, check this out! It was on a little plaque on the desk of one of my clients, and I felt like it came from our book instead of the other book.... Here goes...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

It really hit me in the heart when I read that one.

I have plans for you. Plans to prosper you and not harm you.
Plans to give you hope and a future.

That sounds so like the God that I came to understand in A.A.

As I read it, it could have read...

"I've got a lot of really good stuff in store for you -- hang on to that Big Book that I gave you and follow the instructions carefully. Don't drink. Don't use. Just follow those instructions, keep following them and keep busy. I gave you that plan because there is hope... and I have a future for you that's bigger and better than any plan that you could ever imagine! I've made sure of it! God."

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

My name is Anne, I'm an alcoholic

Postby musicmode » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:20 am

Amen to that :wink:

Peace,
Anne
musicmode

Postby Tim » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:46 am

I saw this from quotation from the Old Testament in an article in the AA Grapevine a few years ago. It is the story of my own recovery from alcoholism:

'The Lord will restore to you the years the locusts have eaten' (The prophet Joel)
Tim

Return to Quotes and sayings - heard in meetings