- what made your blood boil in meetings??

what made your blood boil in meetings??

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

what made your blood boil in meetings??

Postby ccs » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:51 pm

what are some things that really got to you when you first started going to meetings????? :D

for me there where so many cause I was really sick when I got here :D
I used to get mad when people would come in after the meeting started or leave before it ended ,or side talk
(whisper while someone else was sharing that one still gets me sometimes) I would think to myself how rude dont theese people know how sick I am!! :shock: and that I need to hear everything that is said here tonight :o not that I would remember most of it !!!!!!

I would tell my sponsor they just arent serious enough about recovery and there interupting MY!!! meeting :lol: and then some of things she would say to me OH BOY !!!! like dont compare yourself to others ,everyone is different, you are responsible for your recovery and (your not supposed to be thinking without adult supervision :lol: oooh I hated that one) OH YEAH!! and some are sicker than others mainly you :lol:
when I first got here I had it all figured out :shock: I just knew that the coffee maker put something in the coffee and that was why everyone kept coming back :o :o boy was I sick!!!!!!! I swear I wouldnt touch the coffee for quite a while :lol:

and when something was bothering me I would go to a meeting never say a word and they would start talking about what was in my head!!! how did they get there :shock: :shock: :o I thought I was so unique that no one could know unless someone told on me but who???

I`m so happy I kept coming back,got a sponsor to take me up those steps,(wich I was sure they wouldnt work for me but I was desperate enough to try anything I thank GOD for that!!!) I tried anything when I was drinking why not anything to stay stopped!!

insane huh? thats why I`m here cause I`m not all there
I`m here to tell ya though if ya work this simple program insanity does start to return !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Luv-2-All Cessie :wink:
ccs

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:41 am

I sure enjoy having you here Cessie!!!

You rock!!! :lol: :lol:

The first thing that made my blood boil when I was a fresh drying out raisin in A.A. was: THEY DIDN'T DRINK!!!! :lol: :lol:

The second thing that made my blood boil as a freshly drying out raisin was... SOBRIETY!!!!

I had a real difficult time dealing with being sober.

It was like my blood was boiling... vessels popping out of my neck with stress... felt like my head would explode... I became really nuts and like a pscho basket squirrel!!!

As the pain got worse... I became willing to try something different... like read the book, get a sponsor, take the steps.... find God!!! :lol: :lol:

And, you're so right, Cessie!!! It worked! When I figured out that meeting makers might make it to meetings... in misery... and, Step Takers recover... and become happy with their sobriety... I became willing to change and to do things different than how I had been doing them.

Great topic!!! Keep 'em coming! :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby GeoffS » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:19 am

Things that made my blood boil in AA meetings.

1 Sitting too close to the heater.

2 People who talk through meetings, regardless of whether people hear what they need or not its impolite in any context when one person has the floor

3 People misquoting the big book to sound clever, you know "as it says on page 44- the 12 promises" kinda stuff...

4 People going "mmmmmmmmm" loudly during readings from the BB, to show they get it

5 People sharing on stuff that is not connected to their alcoholism at all

Out of those 5 things, one of them still really gets my blood boiling now!! can you guess which?
GeoffS

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:50 am

Sitting too close to the heater??? :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby garden variety » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:00 am

Yup Dallas - my money is on sitting next to the heater, too! 8)
garden variety

what makes your blood boil at meetings?

Postby sunlight » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:31 am

Cell phones going off during the meeting (what part of "turn your cell phones off" don't you understand?) :x

People working crossword puzzles :?

Women applying makeup :roll:

People "preaching" to the newcomer :shock:

Hearing A A principles twisted into New Age,self-help,feel good nonsense :o

Sitting too close to the guy sitting too close to the heater :lol:
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Sunlight.... are we related??? :lol: :lol:

Geesss. Reading that list -- I thought it was my own! :wink:

BTW: Thank you for all your posts and topics and participation.
I've discovered that I'll be looking for something from you -- before I get to my keyboard to log-in!

Thanks for the Sunlight that you bring.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

blood boiling

Postby sunlight » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:39 pm

You are welcome!

And alcoholics are welcome too!
sunlight

Postby debvan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:50 pm

Reasons why my blood has boiled!!!

1. Answering a cellphone at the table! Please get up, leave the room! Or do not answer it. Better yet leave it in the vehicle you came in.

2. People who preach at meetings about the steps, traditions, BB and then leaves and does the opposite. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk!

3. Too much drama!! Sometimes more is not better! i.e. foul language, yelling, creating chaos is not good. And then calls it a good meeting afterwords.............don't think so!

4. Laughing, talking and whispering while someone is sharing. It is rude to the person who has the floor not to mention those of us hearing challenged who are trying to listen and cannot hear because of the voices and laughter in the background.

5. I really get steamed when anyone is treated rudely or unkindly. Newcomers, oldtimers, those who have relapsed one time or more times, young people, middle aged or older. We all have one thing in common!!

Thanks for letting me share.

Deb
debvan

Postby GeoffS » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:22 am

debvan wrote:
4. Laughing, talking and whispering while someone is sharing. It is rude to the person who has the floor not to mention those of us hearing challenged who are trying to listen and cannot hear because of the voices and laughter in the background.

Pardon? :)

You were right about the heater folks, but today I accept it, and take the action of not sitting there any more.

Geoff
Observing rule 62 today.
GeoffS

Next

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery