- Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Thanksgiving

Postby Jools » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:30 am

Good morning to you all :)

I just wanted to wish you all a blessed and safe Thanksgiving. I want you all to know how very thankful I am for each and every one of you and how blessed I feel to have found this site.

I also am thankful that I came to the conclusive conclusion that someone may have robbed a car from me, but I've put a stop to him robbing me of my happiness and peace.

Have an absolutely wonderful, sober Thanksgiving.

Hugs,
Julie

Pssst..., we picked up our 30 day chip last night and Trey was there to see it. It just happened that way.
Jools

Postby Dallas » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:03 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Julie!!!

I wish the best for you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:02 pm

Julie wrote

Some one may have robbed a car from me, but I've put a stop to him robbing me of my happiness & peace.

Wow, that is so beautiful it brought me to my knees Thank you
sunlight

Postby ccs » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:55 pm

thanks Julie for the Blessings,

rightbakatcha !!!

a speaker at my Church last night said its really a shame that so many people will be giving thanks & love all day and then tomorrow they`ll be knockin someone out over a computer or dvd player on sale !!! :lol: :lol:

LUV-2-ALL !!!!! ohhhh the joys of Holiday shopping!!!!! ( I just send cash in cards no worries!!!! )
ccs

Postby Jools » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:17 am

a speaker at my Church last night said its really a shame that so many people will be giving thanks & love all day and then tomorrow they`ll be knockin someone out over a computer or dvd player on sale !!! Laughing Laughing

Now aint that the truth!! If only people would be as giving and kind as they are during the holidays all would be well. :)

We're almost done with our shopping, it's the first time I actually started early like I say I'm going to do every year and don't. It feels grrrrrrrreat!
Jools

Postby Dallas » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:23 pm

One of my thoughts this morning was:
"Wow! Imagine what the world would be like --
if the entire world tried to live something similar
to AA's 12 Traditions?

Another thought was: "Gee! Look at this! Here I am online and logged in at the same time that Julie is on here!"

Julie, it is so awesome to see and watch and experience your daily progress! Thank you for sharing your adventures and yourself with me and with us!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Jools » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:08 am

One of my thoughts this morning was:
"Wow! Imagine what the world would be like --
if the entire world tried to live something similar
to AA's 12 Traditions?

Aint THAT the truth!! AND the 12 steps!

Another thought was: "Gee! Look at this! Here I am online and logged in at the same time that Julie is on here!"

I saw you toooooooooooo!!!! I hardly ever see anyone on when I'm on.

Julie, it is so awesome to see and watch and experience your daily progress! Thank you for sharing your adventures and yourself with me and with us!

Go look in the mirror, Dallas, cuz you're one of the reasons I am growing. Thanx to the grace of God the obsession to drink has been lifted today. What a miracle that is.

I just want to thank you again for this site. You could not possibly begin to imagine how much it has helped this alcoholic. I come on here and read and try to apply what y'all share to my own life. I'm very grateful today.

Hugs,
Julie
Jools

Postby sunlight » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:55 am

I'm with Dallas, in that it is a joy watching you grow , Julie.

Actually, it's awesome watching us all here, even though I haven't been in my chair here that long.

This site for me is a time to be accountable to myself. I don't want to write some snazzy song & dance routine & have it be total BS. Like : "In the 11th step I was given the power to levitate & I went to the top of the Empire State building where I met several relatives of Bill W..." I ask myself, "Do I really mean this? Do this? Believe this?" And, sometimes, just as soon as I say, "Yeah. Sure." I find I've stepped in it again & gotten it all over my shoe! :lol:

I run smack dab into myself here, just like I do in meetings! And, once the acceptance sinks in, & the change occurs, I find it a joy to be me & it a joy for you to be you. Am I making sense?

Today I'm taking my grandaughter to see The Nutcracker. What a beautiful thing to be thankful for! She's my little ballerina.

Love to all!
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:13 am

Thank you to all of you for sharing your love, tolerance, sobriety, happiness, joy, freedom, -- your adventures, your problems, your solutions, your time and effort, your thoughtfulness, your caring, and understanding, your poems, stories, songs, and your experience, strength, hope, and kindness!!!!

I feel that God shares Himself and His Love -- with me -- through you.

Thank you for showing me how to grow up to be like you! I appreciate you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby GeoffS » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:06 pm

sunlight wrote:I don't want to write some snazzy song & dance routine & have it be total BS. Like : "In the 11th step I was given the power to levitate & I went to the top of the Empire State building where I met several relatives of Bill W..."

You didn't get that???? You need to do step 11 again!! :lol: :lol:
GeoffS

Next

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery