- I feel hungover

I feel hungover

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

I feel hungover

Postby Jools » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:38 pm

Whew, for the past two nights I've taken Alka-seltzer Plus Night Time Cold medicine and I feel absolutely beat up. It just occurred to me today why I felt so beat up and it's not because of the cold I have, it's the alka-seltzer night time med.

I know better than to take Nyquil. I've heard some stories about that so why take a chance? But I thought I was safe with the alka seltzer. Not true!!

I'll be glad when tomorrow comes. I'd rather suffer the effects of the cold than feel like this!

Thanx for listening.

Julie
Jools

Postby sunlight » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:06 pm

I remember my 1st week sober, when I woke up with my head pounding, stomach churning & the room whirling. My 1st thought was, " OMG! Did I drink last night?"

Then I noticed that yucky taste in my mouth & realized I had a cold. The last time I was so happy to have a cold was when I was a kid & could stay home from school!

I didn't drink! I was just sick. What a relief. Talk about a change in perspective. :o

The medication you took has 3 active ingredients that cause dizziness and/or drowsiness. If the label has stuff on it that I can't pronounce, I'm leary of the side effects. Pseudophedrine makes me crazy ( ok, crazIER), & I'm up washing the walls at midnight.

This is not medical advice; it's what works for me & it's natural.

For congestion - saline nasal rinse, warm compress on the cheekbones, or a sauna-type atmosphere. Vicks has a bubble bath where the hot water releases congestion relieving ingredients. Chinese hot mustard,horseradish & jalapenos are good to eat for congestion.

For a cough - honey in hot water or tea. Studies have shown that honey can be as effective as the cough suppressant dextromethorphan.

And Vick's Vaporub is my standby when all else fails. It even comes in lemon scent now so you don't smell so alluring! If you put it on your feet at night & put on socks, it's supposed to suppress coughing almost 100% of the time & they don't know why! (Don't put it up your nose tho.)

Chicken soup to recharge the immune system & chamomile tea for relaxation.

My neighbor, who lived to be 101, gave me all these remedies. She told me sometimes getting sick is God's way of getting you to slow down & visit with Him. :lol:

Get well soon, Julie

Much love, Sunlight
Last edited by sunlight on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunlight

Postby Jools » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:19 am

Sunlight! :lol:

It even comes in lemon scent now so you don't smell so alluring!

Too funny, girl!

My neighbor, who lived to be 101, gave me all these remedies. She told me sometimes getting sick is God's way of getting you to slow down & visit with Him.

Aint that the truth!

Thanx for the ideas.

Much love to you too,
Julie
Jools

Postby Dallas » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:23 am

Chinese hot mustard,horseradish & jalapenos are good to eat for congestion.

It's good to eat for heartburn, too!!! Gives it to me everytime! But, I love it... so I eat it often and suffer!!! :lol: :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery