- God is doing for me..

God is doing for me..

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby Dallas » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:50 pm

When I don't feel like recovery -- that's the major clue for me that I most need to be seen and heard! :wink:

When the tough is going on or when I feel like being by myself or not letting others see or hear whats going on in my life or in my head or in my world -- I have to force myself to "be seen".

If I'm having a crappy day. Or, a crappy week... I have to force myself to "be seen."

For me, the most important phase of my recovery and what has helped me most to hang on to my sobriety -- is to do the things that I don't want to do because I don't feel like doing it. :lol:

Funny how that works.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Jools » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:02 am

I agree 100%, Dallas, because the less I wanted to be seen the more I didn't want to be seen (does that make sense?). I wanted to wallow in self pity and bury my head in the sand. It's been a week and a half since I've been to a meeting, but I sure am heading to one tonight.

I met with my sponsor last night and it felt SOOOO good to talk about recovery and the actions I need to take to get well. We discussed not only my powerlessness over alcohol, but, also, my powerlessness over other people. That I'm NOT in control and I can't fix anyone including myself. I CAN do the work necessary to allow God to work in my life tho. What a great relief it is just to know that Julie aint in charge....Julie hasn't ever been in charge no matter how hard I tried to be.

Thanx to y'all for helping.

Julie
Jools

Previous

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery