- AN OUTSIDE ISSUE-FOR AN INSIDE JOB

AN OUTSIDE ISSUE-FOR AN INSIDE JOB

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

AN OUTSIDE ISSUE-FOR AN INSIDE JOB

Postby ROBERT » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:29 am

AN OUTSIDE ISSUE....I RECENTLY MOVED AND HAVE BEEN PUTTING MY LIFE BACK TOGETHER..I OPENED 2 ACCOUNTS,1 FOR MY BUSINESS, 1 FOR SAVINGS--THEY HAVE BEEN ACTIVE FOR ABOUT 45 DAYS. A CALL FROM THE BANK TODAY TO SAY DUE TO SOME NEG.ACTIVITY IN '04 AND '07 THEY WERE CLOSING THE ACCOUNTS...BUMMER-I'VE BEEN BLESSED W/15 MOS. FROM THE BOOK-THRU THE STEPS SOBRIETY.A OUTSIDE SITUATION THAT COULD HAVE AFFECTED MY INSIDE ENVIRONMENT FOR DAYS HAD A VERY SHORT DURATION--I FOUND MY SELF INTUITIVELY LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION TO A SITUATION THAT WAS NOT ABOUT THE BANK---I FOCUSED ON THE SOLUTION AND THE SEEMINGLY PROBLEM WENT AWAY ---I DID NOT HAVE TO SOLVE ANY THING--I STILL DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT AND WON'T BE ABLE TO FOR A WHILE AND IT'S OK---NOT MY REGULAR REACTION AT ALL--TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY--THANKS TO GOD AND THE PROGRAM OF RECOVERY THE 12 STEPS OF A.A.
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:23 am

Robert, thanks for sharing your experience with us! It's exceptionally nice to read of how you've made progress in your life and in your emotional well-being, by using the tools of the 12 Steps!!

Your story can help all of us to remember in our "time of disturbances" that we can follow through with different actions and attitudes that will make our life more enjoyable!

Great stuff!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby GeoffS » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:49 pm

Great to see the program in action.

As we go through the day we pause, when agitated or doubtful and ask for the right thought or action.

(I got that from a book I read)

Hope to hear more from you,
Geoff
GeoffS

Postby ROBERT » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:42 am

I READ A SIMILAR BOOK...MY THOUGHT WHEN I READ YOUR POST,GEOFFS,WAS THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE --IT'S FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS!!!!! HOW SIMPLE. BUT I HAVE HAD MY TURN @ RESITING THIS EASIER SOFTER WAY(SOMETIMES IT DON'T FEEL THAT WAY!)BUT IT REALLY IS AND WHEN I CAN REMEMBER TO USE THE SURRENDER PRINCIPLE-AND THEN FOLLOW THE REST OF THE DIRECTIONS...NEED I SAY MORE...THANKS FOR THE FEED BACK--I GET A SENSE OF--A PART OF......GOD BLESS
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:43 pm

I think you have a lot of great stuff to share Robert.
Nice to see you here!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Jools » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanx, Robert, for reminding me that I have a plan of action for all my problems, if I just take the action!;)

Welcome to the board!!!!

Julie
Jools

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery