- MORE WILL BE REVEALED---FOR REAL!

MORE WILL BE REVEALED---FOR REAL!

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

MORE WILL BE REVEALED---FOR REAL!

Postby ROBERT » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:26 pm

I JUST FINISHED AN E-MAIL TO A FELLOW MEMBER WHO IS IN SALES ALSO....DURING MY ENTRY I DISCOVERED A FEAR I HAVE ABOUT WORK. I PICKED UP AND USED A TOOL,DISHONESTY AS A MEANS TO CLOSE DEALS WHEN I WAS IN MY CUPS---NOW 15 MOS. LATER I'M GOING BACK TO WORK AND I STUMMBLED ON TO THIS. FUNNY I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO A VETERAN (20 YRS.SOBER) AND WE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT FEARS-MINE AND I HAVE SAT DOWN PEN & PAPER,BUT CAME UP BLANK---I THOUGHT I COVERED THIS WELL IN MY 1ST-4TH STEP,WHICH ACTUALLY I DID MAKE A POSITIVE, CONSTRUCTIVE-THOUROUGH EFFORT--BUT AS THIS PROGRAM CONTINUES TO AMAZE ME --AT THE PERFECT TIME I NEED TO SEE THIS--IT IS REVEALED....WOW.--THIS SPIRITUAL DESIGN FOR LIVING IS INCREDIBLE.WHAT DOES IT SAY--NOTHING HAPPENS IN GODS WORLD BY MISTAKE.SUCH VALUABLE EXPERIENCE TO HAVE TO SHARE W/MY FELLOWS
ROBERT

Postby ccs » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi ROBERT your enthusiasm is inspiring & contagious :D
thank you !!!
I have been resting on my laurels I am in a slump I have not been going to meetings and I know that GOD is trying to tell me something

first the vacant apartment next to me has just been filled with a fellow A.A. :shock: and then HE sends you and your wonderful excitement and enthusiasm to this forum that I come to everyday

Our GOD is an AWESOME GOD !!!!!!!!!!

and I thank HIM for YOU and for my new neighbor and everyone else here !!!!

LUV-2-ALL Cessie :wink: :wink: :wink:
ccs

Postby ROBERT » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:19 pm

THANK YOU CCS---YEP NOTHING IS W/OUT A REASON, SOUNDS LIKE THE 'OLE SPIRITUAL BATTLE...GOD ON ONE SIDE...THE DISEASE ON THE OTHER...WHAT DO YOU THINK....THEN,WHAT CHA GONNA DO???? YA KNOW ONE OF MY FAVORITE READS IS CHAPTER 6-INTO ACTION......GOD BLESS.
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:26 am

I relate to the salesman with fears -- that I didn't know were fears.

Most of my life -- I was in sales -- in one way or another. When employed as a salesman for other companies I would brag about breaking all of their sales records and outselling all their other salesmen (sometimes -- combined).

I could take a drink or two and sell just about anything to anybody.

The jobs and the glory was great -- until I'd pull all of my successes down on me -- and have to take time off to dry out from too much drinking.

I could talk to large crowds or into a camera with no fear -- after a few drinks. But, sober -- I was paralized.

Then, when I got sober -- I couldn't even join words together to make meaningful sentences. I stuttered.

Newly sober -- my sponsor suggested I make a list of my fears! I laughed and told him that I didn't have any fears! He could stick a gun in my face and I wouldn't blink! That made me think I didn't have any fears -- because I had faced more than a few guns in my face! :lol:

You see -- I had no fear in death -- what I had was total fear in living! Everything from fear of rejection, failure at something I wanted to succeed in, fear of bad breath! (I ate Tic-Tacs by the case! And, carried a bottle of Binaca in each pocket! ) :lol:

Then, after I got sober -- I feared death while drinking. I was okay with die-ing sober... but feared I would die drunk! :lol:

Because of the program that was passed on to me -- and the help of many people in rooms -- just like here on the forum -- I got help! And... was able to return to record producing sales!

Now... my fears are like:
Fear of something happening to my dogs.
Fear of getting my heart broke so bad that it'll kill me! :lol:

A few years ago I was attracted to someone. I was terrified about the heartbreak it might cause. I used our 4th Step formula on the fear -- and realized "Yep! This is one of those really justified fears!" But, against my better judgement -- I went ahead with the process and ask God to remove the fear!

Guess what? He removed the fear! I felt really vunerable but was no longer afraid! Then, the whole thing went all kaput! (Means fizzeld out)... and I survived it with no problem! :lol:

Be careful about asking God to remove your greatest fears! When He does -- it feels real scarry!!! :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery