- Drug Addicts in AA

Drug Addicts in AA

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby Ranman99 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:18 am

Thanks Loosh. I think I've got a handle on this since August :D I agree with your points 8) At least there is an all adictions meeting in Singapore for those special occasions.
Ranman99

Postby loosh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:38 am

Thanks....ENJOY Singapore.. :D ...P.S. i'm into B/B I JUST DON'T thump it... :D
loosh

Postby Ranman99 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:32 am

Ya we are on the same track here. It's all good :lol:
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks for those great posts! I really enjoyed reading them! Makes me feel like I'm in the right place. :wink:

Aren't you happy that we don't often have to listen to someone share their endless stories of experience, strength and hope... with their toilet addictions -- and whether they used their right or left hand, or both, to wipe or not wipe... while they were pouring their last drink! :lol: :lol:

Imagine having to listen to it if they didn't drink! :shock:

Thanks for passing the great ammo! Keep it coming! :lol:

I was re-reading AA Comes of Age the other day and came across a paragraph where they were writing about a program for the "Fatties"! (The word of choice that they used!) :lol: :lol:

Of course, most of the alkies I've known, especially myself... wouldn't get high marks in regards to Political Correctness! I'm glad that PC wasn't a requirement to recover! :lol: :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:11 pm

I'm sure we've all heard "If you don't like what's going on here -- go get your own coffee pot and start your own meeting, or group, or program!" :lol:

Today, I got an email from AA's in Croatia.

For several years, they have been having a very successful AA Convention in Croatia. Their conventions were so good -- that NA's and people from other 12 Step Programs would go to hear the speakers.... and enjoy the Fellowship and activities. Then, I guess they wanted to participate in the convention and in the AA meetings at the convention.

When the Croatia AA's explained to them that it would go against AA Traditions... and the importance of AA's Primary Purpose and Singleness of Purpose -- the NA's evidently got a resentment -- and rented facilities at the same Hotel, at the same time, to have an NA Convention and NA Meetings while the AA Convention is going on! :lol: :lol:

The Croatia AA's want to be sure that everyone understands and knows that "Hey! This is NOT our idea! We didn't do it!" :wink:

So, if you're an AA that is going to attend the AA Convention in Croatia, beware! You could end up in an NA meeting -- and they might try to convince you that "it's okay -- you're in the right place! We don't care what you are... just come and join us!" :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:12 pm

That is hillarious. Dang I'm going to find that next one and try and host my Potato Chipaholics meeting in that same darn hotel :twisted:

Really that's my wifes meeting 8)
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:03 am

A Moment of Clarity just happened to me after reading your message!

I love potato chips and dip. However, I have no memory of ever eating potato chips prior to sobriety! :lol:

I do remember eating lots of Frito's and Tortilla chips and salsa and guacamole... before sobriety... but, no memories of potato chips.

I must have eaten potato chips before I got sober. I wonder if I should take an inventory and try to find out the exact cause and conditions over why I can't remember eating potato chips before I got sober? Well... on second thought... I think I'll just go and enjoy eating some potato chips! :lol: :lol:

Funny thing for me: Sometimes, I'll mention to my sponsor "I wonder why I always do... (this or that)... and I keep returning to the same problem. It seems to be a pattern. Surely, there must be something going on for me at an unconscious level."

And, my sponsor will say something like "Why don't you just stop doing what you're doing that's causing you a problem and do something else? Why waste your time trying to figure it out about doing something you don't want to do -- when you can just stop doing it and move on to doing something that doesn't cause you a problem?" :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:22 am

Ya I was never a huge potato chip fan either but my wife is a junkie and is alergic to alcahol in terms of if she had two drinks it would make her fell ill so she never touches the stuff for the last 30 years. Go figure someone doing that.

Now I'm eating a few bags a week and wondering about my cholesterol;-)

So after what you just posted there is a relationship to not drinking and potato chip addiction.
Ranman99

Postby loosh » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Spuds anonymous...Had my chips!! [potato fries ] a chip on moi shoulder !! ha-ha frying tonight...yeah great to laugh....[cried enough]..thanks guys...great to be happy...long may it continue...odaat :D
loosh

Postby GeoffS » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:49 pm

In 1947, Bill W wrote a piece entitled IS A.A. FOR ALCOHOLICS ONLY?

Its easy to find.
GeoffS

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery