- Gods grace

Gods grace

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby Dallas » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:25 pm

Sunlight wrote:Anyone have experience with this type of situation & have successful results?

When I've experienced those type situations on the job, I discovered that there is only two things that I can change:

1. I can change jobs.
2. I can change my thoughts -- which will change my attitude and the way that I feel in the particular situation.

Near the bottom of the page that deals with Resentments in the BB, is where I found the method to change my thoughts.

After I changed my thoughts, which changed the way that I felt about the situation -- I recognized that -- to be true to myself -- I was going to have to change jobs also. So, I quit that job.

When I experienced those type situations as a business owner... I had the option of:

1. Change my thoughts.
2. Change the employee -- by replacing them with one that I could work with.

BTW: After I changed my job -- and changed my thoughts and changed my attitude -- I came to believe that it was the Universe's way of letting me know that I had stayed at that job for too long and that it was time for me to move on towards the attainment of my Life purpose and my goals.

I understand how miserable the feelings can be during those type adventures... they suck. But, we do have the tools and the ability to change our thoughts -- so that we can endure those situations with serenity, peace of mind, and the knowledge that God is still able to assist us and will assist us -- if and when our time comes to move on.

Best wishes for you!
Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Tim » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Wonderful post, Dallas! You put the problem succinctly and provided the solution with simple elegance!

But, we do have the tools and the ability to change our thoughts -- so that we can endure those situations with serenity, peace of mind, and the knowledge that God is still able to assist us and will assist us
Tim

Previous

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery