- A Sense of Relief

A Sense of Relief

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

A Sense of Relief

Postby Worm » Sat May 09, 2009 10:14 am

A week or so ago I had what I considered a setback in my life not getting the job I had applied for. I also got a letter from the court system on Monday to appear in court on Friday. The court thing turned out great and I am basically done with the legal issues from my episode 9 months ago. I truly believe the saying that God looks after fools and drunks, me being both.

The job thing has been difficult. I have prayed for God to help me with those defects that I know are very dangerous to me. I remember now that I drank over many things (or at them) less than this.

I also am a firm believer that God has a purpose for everything. I know that this happened for a reason. I'm content that I did the best I could and that I had no control over the way things panned out. ( Insert Serenity Prayer)

On Friday we were told we would implement the new organizational changes Monday. I go to shift work next week and end up with a long weekend off and start Wednesday on day shift.

Knowing that Friday was my last day in my old position was sad somewhat. But there are so many positives in whats happened that I was unable to see from the start. When I walked out Friday afternoon there was such a sense of peace about it. For the first time in over 5 years I didn't take work home with me.

My meeting schedule will change due to the shift work, but I'll make some I havent been able to make also.

Right now I am thankful that I'm still working, I'm still sober by the grace of God and life seems to get a little better each day. And I picked up a 9 month chip this week. Thanks for letting me ramble on.....
Worm

Postby Dallas » Mon May 11, 2009 1:21 am

Hi Worm! Thanks for sharing!

It's sometimes nice just to be sober and employed! :wink:

It sure beats being sober and -- unemployed!!

Worm wrote:I have prayed for God to help me with those defects that I know are very dangerous to me.

I understand. I used to do that. Now, I pray and ask God to help me with those defects that are good for me! :wink:

Congrats on your nine months!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Jools » Thu May 14, 2009 7:55 am

Good morning Worm,

You sound so much more at peace than the last time you posted about your job.

My meeting schedule will change due to the shift work, but I'll make some I havent been able to make also.

Now there's an opportunity to make new friends. I love going to my home group, but sometimes it gets redundant hearing the same people share the same things over and over. You just reminded me that I need to step away from my comfort zone and attend meetings besides the ones I've been attending for the past six months. There is so much to learn!!!

Thanx for sharing.

Julie
Jools

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery