- You are my Sunshine

You are my Sunshine

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

You are my Sunshine

Postby Jools » Mon May 25, 2009 6:58 pm

My only Sunshine, you make me haaaappy when skies are gray. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you...please don't take my Sunshine away.

Sun, if you're out there, I want to know how much I miss your refreshing posts and how the program of alcoholics anonymous works in your life.

Don't be such a stranger.

Hugs to you sista!
Jools

Postby Dallas » Tue May 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Hugs to you all -- and, Sunshine???? Where are you?

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Tue May 26, 2009 10:17 pm

Yeah !!!! wheres the Sunshine I want to have to put on my shades again 8)

love you Sun!!!
ccs

Postby sunlight » Thu May 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Geeee...I must have been away longer than I thought cuz y'all have forgotten my name! :oops:

Looking for work has been a full time job, and since it's mostly done on the internet now, I haven't had the time or energy to post.

I just accepted a job today :D It has been a long, hard road. I have never worked harder on applying these principles to all my affairs! Nor have I ever worked harder with others! I've gone to a meeting nearly every night & labored fearlessly with my sponsor. Not once have I thought about taking a drink.

Thank you for thinking of me.

Living in the SUNLIGHT
sunlight

Postby ccs » Thu May 28, 2009 8:17 pm

YEAH SUN !!!!!! SO HAPPY to hear about your job!!!!!!

not forgotten just waiting for the LIGHT to SHINE on us again :o

and you just did !!! thanks so good to see your words and the program at work in your life you inspire me !!!!
Luv YA SUNLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUV Bessie :lol:
ccs

Postby DebbieV » Thu May 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Congratulations !!!!!

I’m so happy you got a job, now we are sisters in AA, in Colorado and in the I’m-not sitting-around-doing-nothing-and-I’m-bored-out-of-my-mind life. :lol: :lol: Go Girl Go. We did it.

Keep up the great work.

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby Jools » Fri May 29, 2009 6:57 am

(((((((((((((((Sun)))))))))))))))))))))))

I didn't forget your name, goofus! You're the sunshine around these here parts sista and I truly miss your experience, strength and hope.

YOU, my dear, are a wonderful example of how the program works.

Much love,
J
Jools

Postby Dallas » Fri May 29, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi Sunlight...
How do I make amends???
I was just blindly following the path of Happy Destiny
and this just pointed out that I need to keep my one good eye open twice as much as I did when I had two good eyes!!!

Thanks for the lesson!

Congrats on your job.

And, congrats to you, too, Debbie, on your job!

Jobs... inside and outside of AA are vital. We need to live and to eat! :wink:

When an AA asks me "What do you do for a living?" I tell them -- I stay sober and do AA for a living and I work to eat and pay my bills.

Lightness aside........ I think I understand how difficult of an experience it would be to have to look for a job. I've thought about it. How would it be for me? You know... getting older and that kind of stuff. Not as strong as I was in my 20's. Better looking but not as strong. Smarter... too, but I can't dance as long as I used to! So, I keep my eye open and I make possibility plans for "what would I do?"

The answer always falls back to this one: "Gee Dallas??? Did you forget you have a Higher Power that cares for you and that is always ready to help you? Did you forget that this HP is none other than God? The same God that has helped you get through ALL of your life's problems? The same God that created the Universe?" :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

I thank God that I've got God. That we've got God. And... that because of God, through our path in AA... we now have each other!!!! And, we care about each other. And, we're here for each other in any way that we can help each other.

Imagine that! How cool is that?

Nice to see you home Sunlight!!!! I missed you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:24 am

Better looking
?
Smarter
? :lol: :lol:

I love alcoholics!

No, I did not forget that I have a Higher Power that loves and cares for me.
I DID remember that patience is not my strong point and have learned to wait for God's time. Some of my job seeking adventures, and how I was prevented from taking certain jobs, was amazing.

It's when I get the quadruple, quintuple whammies of life that affect my security and survival ( too long to elaborate now) that the ground feels like it's fallen out from under my feet and my stomach feels like I'm falling off a cliff.

Yes, I noticed the word "FEELS" and I remembered to act sanely in spite of my feelings. This is truly a Higher Power at work in my life! :D The many issues are not over, but I am learning to relax in God. When I go to meetings and hear others whine about how they're in a "crisis" about "landscaping problems", I remind them that there truly is a difference between an inconvenience and a crisis.

No need for amends. You were forgiven before you began. :wink:
Just keep following that path of Happy Destiny. We're all blind in some way. That's why we're a WE! :D
sunlight

Postby tim-one » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:59 am

Congrats on your job, Sunshine! Atagirl! WHATA GOD YOU GOT!

Oh, brother ... this set me off thinkin' about myself again. Sorry, I gotta think this outloud. Why is it always about ME these days? I'm trying not to self everything, I thunk.

This one helps me calm down when I think time is running out:

Somebody was having a hard time for a long time and was wearing down, preparing for disaster:
"And God remembered that mans' days are short and helped him in due time."

Another one is that our Father knows we need to eat and sleep and have clothing and shelter. If we seek first HIS kingdom and HIS righteousness, all these things SHALL be added to us. (paraphrased for brevity)

That's where "one day at a time" comes in:
"Take no thought of the things of tomorrow, for tomorrow will take thought of the things of itself. Sufficient to the day is the evil thereof." There's enough to worry about today.

Well, that's MY HP anyway.

It makes me feel good, maybe selfishly, to be the one who can help. Sometimes I have to remember that I need help and it's my turn to let someone else have the joy of helping me. We take turns.

AA is a lot like that. Sometimes someone's legs work, eyes, ears, arms, BRAIN. All together we're like a whole body when someone else's part don't work right. Never be ashamed to be the one who needs a part at times. God may be blessing you by blessing someone else right now.

It helps me to start thanking God when trouble starts, saying, "Thank You, Lord, for this opportunity to watch You work. I can't see it right now, but You ALWAYS surprise me even though I EXPECT You to do like You do. I can't wait to see how You work THIS ONE out. But I WILL wait. I've got all the time You say I do. It always amazes me! Thank You, thank You, thank You. (Amen. To be continued, Father.)"

Prayer is to convince ME, not God. He already knows what I need. I just need to make myself pay attention. It makes me expect, anticipate.

But I have to DO something. I know that even if I do the wrong thing, God will still use it to make it work. Gotta step out on faith believing He's got me. I have no earthly idea how He does that. I don't care ... He does it. Go figure. :wink:

"ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER to the good of all those who love God and are called according to His purpose." Am I called to a purpose? You betcha! To stay sober and spread it around.

Whew! I feel better now! No, I ain't cool enough yet that I don't feel the fear. I ain't no saint. It's not like I DO IT RIGHT all the time. I claim progress, not defection. :D

Bless your heart, Sunlight! Good job trusting HP! It'll be easier next time.

HEY! You got one o'them promises, dincha?! Sounds like "We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves".

"They are being fulfilled among us - sometimes quickly, sometimes [too dam] sloooooooowly. They will always materialize if we work for them."

Now THAT is COOL!

Sorry for preaching. I was talking to me. I hope y'all weren't eaves dropping. :P

Love y'all,
Tim1
tim-one

Next

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery