- are you practicing the principals?????

are you practicing the principals?????

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby ccs » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:35 pm

I`m still stuck on CAN WE ? :D
some days I can automatically
other days it takes alot of PRACTICE !! :x

I guess its being on the beam some days and hanging off on others
aleast thats how I see it I`m deffinately a sometimes slowly :lol:

thanks everyone for all of the great replies
you guys help make the beam wider and harder to fall off :wink:

LUV-2-ALL your Sister in Sobriety

Cess
ccs

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:43 am

On another thread I was mentioning about listening to Joe and Charlie some months back and it had a big impact on me when I was about 3.5 months in and this is also about the 8th time in 18 years that I have come in from the cold and the first time it's takin' hold. Oh crickey I am a poet.

The version of Joe and Charlie I listened to was the one from silkworth dot net which I think was around late '70's early '80's and they were really in the zone during that recording.

The piece in particular was the peace on step 10 where they talk about guaranteeing that if you really work the steps they don't know anyone that wouldn't change and if you don't change then you must really like being the way you are and then the key peace for me was the bit about working step 10 all day long and that really invokes most of the rest of the steps right there. Then the big bell went ding and I surrendered some thinking whew!! 8)
Ranman99

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:04 am

One more item that I think will come into play for me and that is in my dialouge with another. I used to say a lot it takes two to tango.

This morning a friend in the meeting said she has to remind herself whenever she is having a dialogue with another and it may be frustrating her that there are not two there but three. Her, another and God. I'm still thinking about that one. Some times I also need to let others come to their own conclusions. I guess it's not alway's just about me :oops:
Ranman99

Postby ROBERT » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:13 am

Having HAD a spiritual experience (psychic change) as THE RESULT OF THESE STEPS--until I had this experience I did not have the ability to practice anything worthwhile for me or others-pg164, "The answeres will come IF your own house is in order (been thru the steps-psychic change occured) but obviously you cannot transmit you haven't got (the 2 step trap)-See to it that your relathionship with him is right, and great events WILL come to pass for you and countless others.Once I surrendered to the program, I find it almost impossible to not practice the principles, provided I follow a few simple rules, and simple is a key word here for me, by following the programs path, the principles happen as a by product, I'm not seeking the principles, as when I was seeking happiness for it self, it eluded me- This is my experience, today. :D
ROBERT

Thanks Ranman

Postby robbiechaos » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:47 am

I really have gotten alot from silkworth dot net thanks for mentioning it. I was definately hanging from the beam last night. Needed to ask myself alot of these can we's. But I want to practice these principles in all my affairs. This is the man I want to be. The man I want my family and friends to be able to lean on. Thats why step 10 is so important for me. Because I am not always that man. It gives me an opportunity to correct my mistakes rather than beat my brain silly with anger and guilt.
robbiechaos

Postby ROBERT » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:58 am

Keep it simple :D
ROBERT

Postby robbiechaos » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:09 am

We Are Fellows Robert You can Say Stupid. LOL. I wont be offended
Whats a KISS between friends. :lol:
robbiechaos

Postby robbiechaos » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 am

Looking back at my life. All the important things like LOVE eluded me until I stopped searching for them. Once I stopped looking for them BAM they hit me like a brick. Bruce Lee said it Best
"It is like a finger pointing at the moon; Concentrate on the finger and you miss all of the Heavenly Glory."

In some place in my life that ability to concentrate benefits me greatly. But in other areas of my life it is a liability
robbiechaos

Postby ROBERT » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:32 am

I hear ya-I don't know where or when the keep it simple STUPID, thing started but I do hear it alot, For me, I've had enough negative, self-defeating stuff in my life so I choose to eliminate as much as possible that I have control over-and besides, we're NOT stupid, that's my opinion. :idea:
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:53 am

Gees. Y'all have been busy! :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery