- .......SELF-CENTEREDNESS....THE CORE......

.......SELF-CENTEREDNESS....THE CORE......

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby angel143 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:03 am

You boys really do know how to make a gal laugh!!

Life is incredible! Just when you think its the best it can get...it jumps up and shows you something even better than you could imagine.

I love life. I love me. I love all of you.....and love being sober!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
angel143

Postby ROBERT » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:26 am

angei143---How did you feel as you were typing your post? I am assuming and picturing you with a wonderful smile--full of joy, contentment, and good 'ole fashioned happy---that is the big paycheck I get from this way of life...experiencing the joy and happiness in others..I felt uplifted, and it was as if I were there with you, a sense of connection like no other--life is incredible, it use to be a funeral procession--learning to leave it alone (life) and enjoy the beauty of it- is just like the book says-this is an experience we won't want to miss--thanks for sharing your joy, it is contagious. :D
ROBERT

Postby gunner48 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:42 pm

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: ROOT
I was like an ostrich I would bury my head (thus my root) in the sand spin around and around and say go away, go away, GOOOOOOO AWAY.
gunner48

Postby ROBERT » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:47 pm

For me it is not a controversial subject---the book clearly tells me selfishness-self-centerdness that is the ROOT of my problem---those 2 are driven by other things but they are the root of my problem (chapter 5-How it Works, paragraph 14,1st sentence)...plain and simple.... works best for me. :)
ROBERT

Postby angel143 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Ok boys...

stop saying ROOT....

It makes me want a root beer float!!!!! mmmm...think im gonna go get me one now!!

I would bury my head too, but not in the sand...my version of sand was rum and coke!

If I stayed there long enough, it would all go away...till I sobered up...then, damnit...it would all be right there again.

If they would all just have left me alone, I wouldnt have had to bury my head!!! :wink:

Oh, wait, hang on...it wasnt them, it was...ME....yep, all me....and I am OK with that!

Thanks guys for all your sharing....you're all awesome, always finding ways to help me.

Love ya all! Now, about that root beer float........ :lol:
angel143

Postby ROBERT » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Thats my favorite--with-(A & W)-root beer, and real vanilla bean ice cream-yum, hey I'll buy :lol:
ROBERT

Previous

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery