- Understanding Life

Understanding Life

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Understanding Life

Postby Dallas » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:38 pm

Understanding Life (One in a series)

a) Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers (and people) crooked; b) All humans are descended from vicious prehistoric beasts... you can still see some traces in your sponsor; c) Don't worry about various cardiac warnings -- your heart is guaranteed to last as long as you live.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:32 am

if a mere code of morals, or a better philosophy of life were sufficient to overcome alcoholism, many of us would have recovered long ago. "Doubt, and Prejudice". we look upon this world of warring individuals, warring theological systems, and inexplicable calamity. enchanted by a starlit night. the theories about electricity. the prosaic steel girder. worldly books. what about the beauty of the forest? a round earth? the Wright brothers flight. birds flying. a rocket to the moon! a sunset, the sea, or a flower. so Dallas, understanding life? pppfff! it started the day i reached out and asked for help! TPTB does not make too hard the terms for those that seek. we found that the Great Reality deep down within us is where it's found... We Agnostics, BB. that what tonights meeting was about. thanks for being here Step 12. love, and good wishes. The Zip :wink:
Rusty Zipper

I Asked God

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:02 am

somthing i write along time ago, was dig'n thru some old AA stuff. not shure where i found it, but it ment something to me. " I asked God for strenght, that i might achieve. I was made weak, that i might learn to humbly obay. I asked God for health to do great things. I was given imfirmity, that i might do better things. I asked God for riches, that i might be happy. I was given poverty, that i might become wise. I asked God for power, that i might have the praise of women, and men. But i was given weakness, that i might feel the need for God. I asked God for all things, that i might enjoy life, but i was given life, that i may enjoy all things. I got nothing that i asked for, but everything that i hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all women, and men, most richly blessed. "... xo, Patrick
Rusty Zipper

Beutifully written

Postby 918gma » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:25 am

Hits close to hope and reminds me that you need to be careful what you ask for. The master plan is in constant motion and if we just learn to be patient and steady, we will achieve our dreams. Footwork is necessary but resistance is foolish.
918gma

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery