- Commitment and right action key to good living

Commitment and right action key to good living

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Commitment and right action key to good living

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:53 am

COMMITMENT

Understanding is the key to right principles and attitudes, and right action is the key to good living. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 125

There came a time in my program of recovery when the third stanza of the Serenity Prayer — “The wisdom to know the differenceâ€
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby GeoffS » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:42 am

The wisdom to know the difference is where I slip up.

Sometimes I know, other times I find out!

You find out quite quickly when you get the 2 confused!!
GeoffS

Postby sa » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:56 am

Well, the wisdom to know the difference is the hardest thing....That´s probably the art of living...I myself need some mor elives for that :lol:

sober 24 hours

Sabine
sa

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:47 am

I seem to get the wisdom -- my problem is sometimes taking the wrong action when I already know what the right action is! :lol:

However, slowly and incrementally... I think I'm making a little progress! :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby gunner48 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:41 am

Am I willing to give up the things I know are wrong for me to do. Although I know something is wrong with what I am about to do, do I have the courage not to act. If I act on something that I truly don't know is wrong and later find out that the action caused a problem for me or others I can take corrective actions and put that action in the I need not do that again block. It's when I make mistakes that I learn and grow. I can't afford to hide behind masks and say I didn't know something when the fact is I did and I can't beat myself up when I make a mistake.

Peace and Love Gunner
gunner48

Postby sa » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Well, I guess this is about taking responibility for my own actions (or not acgtions). This is very liberating thing because if I take resposibility I also have he chance to be the director of my own life ; I am not driven by the urge to get the next drink anymore. I have choices to lead my life.

Best Wishes

Sabine
sa

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery