- Working Concious Contact with God

Working Concious Contact with God

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby sparklek » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:44 pm

I needed to read everything on this post....right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I notice that self will and my ego are still alive and kicking. :)

I am not getting what I want (what I think I want that is) and as a result I have had some real moments of irratablity. So glad to be reminded that God wants the best for me and that in fact, He is giving it to me right now.

I am breathing, I am sober and my life is full of abundance when I get out of the wants and recognize just how much my needs are more than met.

I am realizing more and more about this damn thing alcoholism. It doesn't go away! I just get to treat it with these tools I have been offered one day at a time. Whew. Just for today I will recognize the abundance that surrounds me.
sparklek

Postby Sermon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Wow guys!!!! I love this forum!!!! Dallas, Ben, Sunlight! And everyone else that is on here true Godsends in my life. Thank you (X) 1,000,000!

Ben your so right on Gratitude being an action not a word.
If I tell you I'm grateful for my job and show up 30 minutes late everyday is that really truelly grateful?

If I tell you I love my kids with all my heart and only see or speak to them on a 1 time a week basis... Its that grateful?

What if I told you I was so grateful for my friends and family in AA, then I don't answer their calls when they call because I have something more important to do right at that moment.

I loose sight of these things sometimes and it takes topics like this to bring me back to size! Thank you so much for what you do for me.

One of our old times in the meeting always says "You know.... Somtimes I don't know what God's Will for me is but I damn sure know what it's not" :wink:
Sermon

Postby sunlight » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:38 am

Hi Sermon :D

I sure enjoy your perspective and "spiritual angle".

Since this is Valentines weekend, lets see how much love we can put into action.
It's not just about romance y'know, sweet as that is. :wink:
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:11 pm

I could go for a little romance....... :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:21 pm

A-C-T-I-O-N!!! :lol: :lol:
sunlight

Postby Bensober » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:06 pm

AhhhhHHhhhHH….Love is in the air…No but really…I own this…(really Ben..really..he..he..) my two strongest natures are either spiritual or sexual and at all times I doing one or the other as it relates to itself and what I’m doing…Huh?.

Had a busy weekend and was playin “catch me if you canâ€
Bensober

Postby Dallas » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Sometimes, my strongest nature is to just sleep! :lol: I like sleeping! It's fun. I like being awake, too... that's also fun!

When I sleep -- I have all kinds of different dreams. Sometimes the dreams are of a sexual or romantic nature -- most of the time they are not. So, sexual must not be my strongest nature! :lol: I've had a few spiritual dreams. Not many of them. So, spiritual is probably my weakest nature. :lol: Once in a while, I'll have a dream that I'm sleeping -- and in the dream -- I am dreaming! So... sleeping and dreaming must not be my strongest nature, either. I've had a lot of dreams where I'm working in the dream. Too many of those 'working dreams'! So, my strongest nature must be 'to work'. :lol: And... I've had several dreams that were bad... So, my second strongest nature must be 'bad'! :lol: :lol: And, of course... I have more dreams where I'm having fun and they are good dreams!

So... my very strongest nature must be... working hard -- and often -- to not do, be or have bad! Especially while I'm having sex or romance... or when I'm sleeping! And, especally not do, be or have bad -- while I'm having fun and life is good! :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Bensober » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:46 am

Too funny...but real good stuff :wink:
Bensober

Postby cue » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:47 am

Practising Step 11 during the day.
A friend of mine suggested that when doing anything, bring the HP along. Opening a door, send the HP in first. Walking along, let the HP walk first. Job interview, send the HP in to the room.
Also, I try to say "thy will, not mine" throughout the day. Constant contact.
cue

Postby Dallas » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Conscious Constant Contact. I understand. :wink: Life can be a lot of fun that way. Aye? I used to pray for God to help me have faith. Then, one day, as I was trying to practice living like you mentioned above -- I realized that faith was not my problem. My problem was doubt. So, in my prayers and daily talking with God trying to practice the conscious contact -- I started asking God to help me with my doubt. Doubt -- I figured out -- was what my problem was.

Wishing you the best.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery