- Those confusing slogans and sayings!

Those confusing slogans and sayings!

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:07 am

great stuff you two, love the banter'n... Let Go Let God.... i gunna Rustifize it... been talk'n lots about this lately... the Sat night Came to Believe meets, with my sponser, and with the bigest troublemaker... " ME"... i can only say to keep it simple for me... when sumt'n not go'n my way... bring'n me troubles, pain, or misery... the people, place's things...whatever i , as i used to say... try to fix, manipulate or change... i do nothing... pause, min, hour day... whatever it may be, or take.... i just listen... not to The Band of Gypsys... but to what i hear as the restored to sanity, adult, clear level headed... as in the image of God thing to do... and belive you me, taint teez'y some times... if i in the HALT mode, not hit'n da meet... stay'n on top of my disease.... Scheeesh... i head'n for trouble... xo, bless... PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby JR » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:06 am

Dallas,

I didn't mean to imply that you wanted to take God out of the program. As far as I know you have never said anything like that, ever. Just bad writing on my part. :oops:

Old ideas, old self, character defects, shortcomings. Change. I think we are saying the same thing.

From As Bill Sees It pg. 281:

"There is only one sure test of all spiritual experiences: "By their fruits ye shall know them." This is why I think we should question no one's transformation- whether it be sudden or gradual. Nor should we demand anyone's special type for ourselves, because experience suggests that we are apt to receive whatever may be the most useful for our own needs."

Everyone is individual. Everyone sees the world through their own particular individual filters based on their life experiences. Your understanding of spiritual things will always be different than mine as will your interpretation of the BB and just about anything else. I think we've proven that over the last 6 months of getting to know each other. It isn't a bad thing or a good thing, it is just the way it is. I like reading your perspective and do, in fact, carefully read and consider everything you write.

I don't want to beat a dead horse about "let go let God" but I'm sure it is a saying that has given comfort as well as confused many. I gave it a shot and hope I helped somebody out there in internet land. If not, I helped myself.

Love Each Day,

Jr
JR

Postby Dallas » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:03 am

If I can ever be of help to you JR... I'm always here for you!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby JR » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:20 pm

Dallas, you have helped me. You've helped me more than you will ever know. Jr
JR

Postby JR » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:10 am

Live and Let Live

Easy Does It

But For The Grace of God

Think Think Think

First Things First

These are the sayings/slogans on the walls of most AA meetings. If they are put in the proper order, the first word of each line forms the sentence "Live Easy But Think First" I always thought that was interesting.
JR

Postby Dallas » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:27 am

JR,

Thank you for pointing out the sentence when you add the first words of the slogans together.

Enjoy the miracles!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:23 am

Gunna have a "Real" look'y next meets JR... ty, xo PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Previous

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery