- Time, Einstein and the Alk'y

Time, Einstein and the Alk'y

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Time, Einstein and the Alk'y

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:42 pm

good mo'n my friends. and yes it is. as i' will be get'n my three year coin tonight ### if i make the #### i'm writing this not for congratulations, my ego, or whatever. i'm writing this for the newcomer and those stil struggling. as i was driving my stepbrat to school we talked, his mom, the women i love is struggling. we talked about my celebrating tonight. what i said to him was looking back, as i have a pile of bills stareing at me, my teeth are falling out, been through ups and downs with your mom, car problems, health problems, roommate problems, other people, places, thing problems, 29 deaths! Yikes!... my own head problems ### keeping the now famous Band of Gypsys in remmission #### and a whole bunch more. the point, i did not have to pick up a drink or a drug over anyone of them. thought about it plenty of times, came inches away from pop'n some pills. but did not. thers this fella named Albert Einstein, ev'a herd of um? i remember one of his quotes. " Time is a measure of change"... well the Big Book mentions it, the twelve and twelve, and all the other recovery books i have read. my fave"Change or Die"... thats just what i have been do'n or at the least trying to do.... sobriety comes with a price for me. " it takes work", and lots of it... what has worked for me is lots of meets, lots of service, working with others, working with the proper sponser and the most important for me, a belief. no, no i should say a faith and trust in something other than me. for me, i will say God... three years ago i asked God for another chance at this thing called life. shure there is war, hatred, predudice, hunger, and all the negative forces that can be. for me, there is also a thing called compassion, a thing called love, love of my recovering bros, my family, my online family the strangers that i meet, and most of all, i can now love me... i would like to thank this Einstein fella, HP ####### all the friends of B W and me, for the willingness to change! ... ta- ta for now... i love you all, one day at a time :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:43 pm

Hey Patrick!!! Congratulations on the 3 years!!! There is a God!!!! There must be. Or else guys like you and me would be long gone and someone else would be typing these messages!!!! :lol:

PC, I guess the deal is "Life is what we make of it."

Sobriety has taught me to love change. I wake up looking for it.

Congrats, again, on the Big Three!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:58 pm

thanks Mr BB..... hey Dallas ya made me think of sumt'n ### ####....... Einstiens therory of Stupidtivity.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :shock:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:10 pm

Yep. It should remind you. I picked it up through one of your shares! :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rose » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:56 pm

Congrats to your 3 years Way to go! :P
Rose

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:58 pm

thanks Rose... guess what??? it works... hahahahaha.... xo Z
Rusty Zipper

Hey PAL

Postby 918gma » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:03 am

Way to go. Hats off to your HP. Sorry I haven't chimed in sooner. I'm really happy for you. It also 3ways makes me smile when I see or hear of some one getting a chip. It's that needed reminder that ther is hope. :D
918gma

Congrats!

Postby JR » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:36 am

Hey PC,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! 3 years, that's a big one.

XOXOXOX,

Jr
JR

Postby new2this » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:23 pm

Hey Rusty!

Yeah, yeah...so you aren't posting for congrats. But, big congrats to you, anyway!!! :D :D

Hehe....too bad about the step-brat. I actually spit my brats out, so they can't even blame it on anyone else. Maybe you're brat will come around. Or not. Whatever, ya know?

Oh yeah, and gotta say thank you. Thanks for the 3 years you've got to enjoy and the 3 years you get to share with the rest of us!

Take care,

Cathy
new2this

Recovery

Postby wareagle10 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:21 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZIP: Three years is great, any amount of time for a drunk is great and each year is proof positive that if you have the desire you can do it. I remember an old chinese proverb "if you don't change your course you're going to end up where you're headed"!!! I have changed my course over the last 22+ years many, many times. As you move through sobriety you find that the progress you have made has seen to it that you are constantly changing. Thoughts and beliefs about sobriety in the beginning have changed vastly and a new direction was taken along the way.
I am happy for you on your birthday, this is a little late but I just read about it. I hope that it turned out all right. I know that it did, birthdays have a way of doing just that.
Straight ahead and good luck, John.
wareagle10

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery