- Daily Reflections

Daily Reflections

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby Dallas » Mon May 15, 2006 2:37 pm

Thank you Tonya, for that posts!!!! And, thank you Rusty, for posting the quote on "Humility". Those two subjects, resentments and humility tie in rather nice together... If I had more humility... how could I possibly have a resentment? If I had more humility... anger would be the farthest thing from my mind.

I would ask God to help me have more humility... but I'm a little fearful to do that! If He granted my request for more humility... I have no desire to experience the experiences and get the growth pains to acquire it.

Instead, I would prefer to ask Him to remove from inside me, the things that block me from having true humility.... and, for me, even that is a little bit fearful to consider! Gee... as I read this... I can see why I would want to start by asking Him to remove my fears... and resentments!

One of the reasons that resentments are troublesome to me, is that... whatever I resent in someone else... eventually gets turned back on myself... and I'll end up with a resentment at myself, for doing the very same thing... that got me disturbed by the actions of someone else!

My emotional disturbance will then blind me to both the resentment towards someone else... and the resentment towards myself... and keep me digging in the pit of pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization.

I really thank God, that we have a solution for this!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Buck V » Mon May 15, 2006 8:10 pm

Dallas,

So true about resentments. I find myself getting a resentment towards someone or something and then start to resent myself because of that resentment, which tends to increase my resentment towards that person or thing because its causing me to resent myself, which causes me to resent myself even MORE...... and on and on.

10th step time.

Buck
Buck V

Dang

Postby 918gma » Tue May 16, 2006 12:12 am

That sounds like a desease to me. One I can relate to on every level. I resent resentments.
918gma

Previous

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery