Postby Dallas » Wed May 10, 2006 9:55 pm

Tonya, thanks for sharing that post!!!

Take care,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:41 am

A NEW SENSE OF BELONGING

Until we had talked with complete candor of our conflicts, and had listened to someone else do the same thing, we still didn't belong. 12&12 Pg. 57

After four years in A.A. i was able to discover the freedom from the burden of buried emotions that had caused me so much pain. With the help of A.A. and extra counseling, the pain was released and i felt a complete sense of belonging and peace. I also felt a joy and a love of GOD that I had never experienced before. I am in awe of the power of Step Five. Daily Reflections May 11, 2006 Pg. 140

Have a wonderful day..Keep it simple..GOD Bless..Tonya
1dayatatime36

Postby Buck V » Thu May 11, 2006 1:59 pm

Sorry to interupt, Tonya, but I have to reply to Dallas's post above.

Dallas - I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here, but when you say you take a sponsee or someone else through the steps over a weekend, I hope you mean you do that in order for them to better understand what is in store for them, and the extreme effort it takes to make this simple program work. If anyone can read, understand, and apply all the steps in a single weekend, they must be sitting at the right hand of my HP. I know people with many years of sobriety who are still struggling with the first step.

I'll shut my yap now.

Buck
Buck V

Postby Dallas » Thu May 11, 2006 2:23 pm

Hey Buck, nice to hear from you.

I wouldn't know anything about who's sitting where in regards to your HP. :wink: All I can say about that is, maybe. It is sad to watch alcoholics struggle for years and never get through the 12 Steps.... I certainly couldn't have taken that much needless pain and suffering!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Fri May 12, 2006 11:31 am

Good Morning, i am thinking that i may need to turn these little reflections over to someone who has a book with smaller reflections :wink: :lol: Today's is quite long, and i hate to keep filling up these pages unless noone minds, just thought i would check, see if you all are enjoying these, or maybe you already have the same thing at home..you just let me know..i like typing them up everyday, but some of them are long..Have a wonderful day today, and the best I can think of on my own, is, IT WORKS... :lol: Tonya
1dayatatime36

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri May 12, 2006 1:12 pm

Tonya, top'o mor'n to you... hey, no worries... ahh! this is what the steps teach us.... post away............. the thread is called daily reflections... reflect............. agw & tol, ........... Z
Rusty Zipper

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Sun May 14, 2006 1:08 pm

IT'S OKAY TO BE ME

Time after time newcomers have tried to keep to themselves certain facts about their lives. . . they have turned to easier methods. . . But they had not learned enough humility. . . BB Pg. 72-73

Humility sounds so much like humiliation, but it really is the ability to look at myself-and honestly accept what i find. I no longer need to be the "smartest" or "dumbest" or any other "est". Finally, it is okay to be me. It is easier for me to accept myself if i share my whole life. If i cannot share in meetings, then I had better have a sponsor-someone with whom I can share those "certain facts" that could lead me back to a drunk, to death. I need to talke all the Steps. I need the Fifth Step to learn true humility. Easier methods do not work.
Daily Reflections May 14, 2006 Pg. 143

Good Morning to Everyone, and a Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there, and even the one's that have a Mother to share it with..I find it hard to accept all that i have done in the past, but getting better at it, as i see the results in sharing it with another, and knowing that if i don't share it wether at a meeting, or with another i trust, that i will allow all those feelings to lead me back to drinking..So, for today, I will practice being okay with just being who i am and accepting that i am who GOD wants me to be today, and that i am where GOD wants me to be today..Thank you for letting me share..Tonya
1dayatatime36

Postby Dallas » Sun May 14, 2006 2:54 pm

Tonya wrote: So, for today, I will practice being okay with just being who I am

Spiritual principle, well said! :wink:

Those are the kinds of simple spiritual principles that I like to write on little cards or Post-it notes and hang on my mirrors... or keep them where I can see them. They are very powerful when used all the time, and they can sure produced much needed relief on special occasions!

Thank you for sharing it.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sun May 14, 2006 3:16 pm

Mor'n Tonya..... Happy Muda's Day ............ "Humility is............... perpetual quietness of the heart. It is to have no trouble. It is to never be fretted or vexed; irrtitable or sore; to wonder at nothing done to me; feel nothing done against me. It is to have a blessed home within myself, where i can go in and shut the door and kneel to my Father in secret and be at peace, as in a deep sea of calmness when all around is seemingly trouble............. Tonya, this is from the inscription on Dr Bob's desk plaque................ keep do'n T...... you can do it................... agw, & gol........... PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Mon May 15, 2006 2:19 pm

KNOW GOD; KNOW PEACE

It is plain that a life which includes deep resentment leads only to futility and unhappiness. . . But with the alcoholic, whose hope is the maintenance and growth of a spiritual experience, this business of resentment is infinitely grave.
BB Pg. 66

Know GOD;
Know Peace.
No GOD;
No Peace.

Daily Reflections May 15, 2006 Pg. 144

Couldn't be better put!!Hope all of you have a wonderful day! Tonya
1dayatatime36

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery