- More Lyle witticisms#3

More Lyle witticisms#3

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

More Lyle witticisms#3

Postby wareagle10 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:46 pm

When you turn it over you have to let go or you'll be upside down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If doing it my way was so terrific WHY DID I END UP HERE!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to practice what I preach and share what I practice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may be wrong, but I'm never in doubt!!!!!

I will always be an alcoholic. There is absolutely nothing I can do to change the fact that I will always be an alcoholic. As it was explained to me, I could be grateful or ungrateful, but no matter which I chose I would still be an alcoholic. It seemed to make sense to be a grateful alcoholic.

TEMPER gets us into trouble; PRIDE keeps us there.

I may forget with whom I laughed; BUT I won't forget with whom I've cried.
Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Postby Dallas » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:09 pm

Thanks John! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

You got it?

Postby wareagle10 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:13 am

You're welcome. I take it you got the package, I'm sure it wasn't the post even though it was succinct and stunning in all its radiant prose (?). I don't even know what "prose" are, hope there were some of them in the post or you're going to really pull my covers.
I hope the package got there, I am sure that once you see what Lyle was doing you will agree that this was/is a labor of love. He re-wrote it at least 10 times after I met him, I have no idea how many times before that. He was quite a guy and I cherish his memories and generosity. He told me that the 12 steps are SUGGESTIONS until they become MUSTS.
I pass this on at meetings to those that are as stubborn and bullheaded as I am. Always good to read you posts.
wareagle10

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:47 am

Hello Mr BB, Mr J and the gang... Ahh!, its nice to be home... the dust is settle'n... Mr J, i blast ya the info tommorow... Ker-plunk time... good wishes, and teach only love... Z :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:49 am

well i guess it stil more... ya ever here this one? surennder, fix whats left... Ah, hahahaha, Ah,hahahaha
Rusty Zipper

welcome home

Postby wareagle10 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:55 am

It's sure good to see your post, Mr. Zipper. I've missed you, I've had to hold up the board as you can see by the number of posts. Actually I'm trying to build up my percentages on the profile, make it look like Iknow something, problem is, the more you write the more you let on to how dumb you really are. Ha. Good to see you in good spirits. You were missed by this alcoholic. I'll be waiting for the info, and will get things going immediately if not sooner.
wareagle10

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:07 am

Mr John... you say'n i dumb?... lol...if so, no big'y, i take it... better dumb, then dead! lol
Rusty Zipper

no, no, no

Postby wareagle10 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:53 am

bad choice of wording. I was speaking of myself, I write so much on the board that the problem with that is the more I write the more they know about me and the dumber I look, not you my friend. Sorry for the misintrepretation, I also need to take a course on practical writing so these kinds of mistakes are avoided. My apologies, the slight was not meant for you but ME.
It did give a little chuckle though. You see what Imean "how dumb could I be?"
wareagle10

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:02 am

hi, Mr J... mabe i'm the one for the course... i knew you were not serious... and i made you worrie about it... the course is here ... its called AA... sorry, ..xxoo Mr P.... ohoh, i think i just did a step 10'r
Rusty Zipper

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery