- Lyle's witticisms #4

Lyle's witticisms #4

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Lyle's witticisms #4

Postby wareagle10 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:27 am

From Lyle Bauers book "Daily Reprieve", a few one liners that count:

True happiness comes to the person who seeks and finds HOW TO HELP OTHERS.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The greatest remedy for anger-----is delay.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The practicing alcoholic has three kinds of behavior; COMPULSIVE---IMPULSIVE----REPULSIVE.
There is no limit what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
The greatest fault -- is to be conscious of none.
I didn't cause it!!!! I can't cure it!!!!! I can't control it!!!! So I guess I'll turn it over!
An alcoholic is an individual who takes the most simple program and works on it until he has eventually reduced it to its most complicated form.
If you are in the wrong place; the right place is empty.
If you keep on doing what you are doing you will keep getting what you are getting. If you don't like what you are getting change what you are doing!!
Everyone is useful--no one is unnecessary. The longer I'm in AA I wonder who is helping who!
Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Postby Dallas » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:16 am

Thanks John!!!!
Dallas
Site Admin

You got it

Postby wareagle10 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:40 am

Your welcome. I especially like the last one.

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery