- Happy Sunday everyone!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Happy Sunday everyone!

Postby blueangel » Sun May 14, 2006 6:10 pm

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to everyone. I've been so busy the last week or two or 60 and been kind of a blur :lol: But I have been having a ball watching God's miracles work all around me. I was at an incrededible thrown together off the schedule meeting last night with old timers back again and an incredible couple from wyoming that where in town when I needed them the most. It constantly amazes to witness God doing what he does best... miracles on two feet and getting better everyday. Spent some time with cathy yesterday too, which is always precious to me, I am so proud of the changes I see in her every week that it just keeps me in awe. If I wasn't to young I'd be thrilled to have her as a daughter :D so I just enjoy and relish the preciousness of having her for a friend. I am truly blessed with the friends I have and amazingly enough I have Dallas to thank for ir all, so THANK YOU DALLAS :D you are living proof that God does work though every single person, especially you.

I guess I'm outta here since Jen is awaiting with baited breath at her turn to get on here and check her bank account. So to all the moms and women that have pets and men that have children or pets too, Happy Mothers Day to everyone. :D :D
God Bless, Kay
blueangel

Postby Dallas » Sun May 14, 2006 8:44 pm

Hey Kay, Happy Mother's Day to you, and to all the other Sober (and non-sober) Mothers out there!!!!

Thank you for your kind comments. I still have a hard time accepting a compliment.... but, I'm trying. :wink:

Thank you for all that you do... for me, the AA Group, for AA, and for all the drunks that you pick up and take to meetings, to detox, to the hospital, shopping for them, doctors visits and hospitals, finding them a shower, a shave, a place to sleep, and a place to eat!!! Also... thank you for your words of encouragement when the road gets rough and rocky. You're one mighty busy lady and it's an honor and pleasure to know you and watch you perform His work!

The best to you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby blueangel » Sun May 14, 2006 9:39 pm

forgive as I blush....and crawl under my computer desk. Wow it's really dark under this desk so forgive my typos :lol: I'm just a sobered up drunk with a cell phone, mustang, and home that I view it all as belonging to God and I get to enjoy it all as long as I pay the bills on time :lol: :lol: I can't get to too possesive about anything I have since it's only on loan from God as long as I do the next right thing for the right reason, and the beautiful thing about it all is that while I'm running I forget about the fact that I'm just an old beat up vet living off a disability check. Go figure God had to break my body in order to get me out of self and into the action of actually thinking of someone other than me. I have so much to be thankful for today thanks to a very forgiving God, and Alcoholics anonymous, so basically thank you everyone! :D

Blessed Be all, Kay
blueangel

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Mon May 15, 2006 4:24 am

Kay, thank you for the wonderful message you left me on my phone, i am so glad you have that phone :lol: i appolojize for not calling you back, i was totally busy today, and as wonderful as Mother's day should be, it is a hurtful one for me, something i should be over now, but don't expect that to happen..it is my first sober Mother's day, not crying in my beer hoping and praying that my mother is hearing me..forgetting that i am a mother myself, and how blessed i am to have my daughter that GOD blessed me with, but i do look forward to seeing you tomorrow at the meeting, 6:30 pm..thanks for setting it up for us..Take care, and Happy mother's day to you as well..Tonya
1dayatatime36

A Mother

Postby wareagle10 » Tue May 16, 2006 2:42 am

Tonya; you know that Mother's Day could have been a repeat of past Mother's Days. Instead, you gave everyone around you, probably what they have wanted for a long time, a sober mom. Today is, and, can be, the beginning of many wonderful Mother's Days for you and your family. Don't dwell on the past too much, don't forget where you came from either, but also remember to enjoy the moment that you have and are giving to your family.

You are doing great and I really am thinking all good thoughts for you and yours. Keep it up, you look marvelous.

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery