- More Daily Reflections...

More Daily Reflections...

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Learning along the way

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Fri May 26, 2006 3:54 pm

I can't control what others 'think' of me or my program. Or how I work and apply the 12 Steps into my recovery. I can't rely on others to keep me sober, hoping that the words i hear or don't hear give me hope of sobriety. I may not like what i hear, or what someone does or does not do, but i am learning that what others do, have nothing to do with me. Sometimes, especially early in recovery, friends and family trying to help, can sometimes be difficult.I didn't think i wasted a lot of time on what others thought of me or said, but i have realized that lately, i do spend time "worrying" if you will, about what others may think or say about me, wether personally or regaurding my recovery. I have spent more time lately trying to reassure others of my sobriety, it is draining, physically and mentally. I have to earn the trust of the ones i love, and whom love me back, and i am willing to do that, but not at the cost of my sobriety. So, my reflection for today is that i need to use my energy working my program of recovery, the 12 Steps. The support i get from others help me in this long and sometimes winding road to sobriety, from all directions in my life, as i continue to learn from those that share their experiences, strengths and hope with me, today i stay focused on what keeps me sober, applying the 12 Steps to my daily life, and not applying that energy towards something i have no control over..I don't control anything or anyone, their actions or reactions, the only thing i can control are my actions and reactions..and those haven't been too bad lately and getting better by the hour..Thanks for letting me share, GOD Bless..Tonya

Have a Safe and Happy Memorial Week-End!!!
1dayatatime36

Postby Buck V » Sat May 27, 2006 3:18 pm

My daily relection - Memorial Day

Okay history buffs and buffettes, being Memorial Day weekend, I feel obliged to offer my reflections on this National Holiday. "But Wait!" you say, "'....neither endorses or opposes...', '...is not allied...', '...confine discussion to matters that relate to alcoholism...'" Patience, patience.

Memorial Day was first officially declared as "Decoration Day" on May 30, 1868, three years after the War of Northern Aggression (referred to as the "Civil War" in some history books). To honor the memories of those Northern and Southern soldiers who gave their lives during this great struggle, their final resting places should be decorated with flowers, flags and mementos.. Many states and cities had been celebrating this date as early as 1866. By the end of the 19th century, Memorial Day ceremonies were being held on May 30 throughout the nation. State legislatures passed proclamations designating the day, and the Army and Navy adopted regulations for proper observance at their facilities. It was not until after World War I, however, that the day was expanded to honor those who have died in all American wars. Later, in 1966, Congress and President Lyndon Johnson declared Waterloo, N.Y., the “birthplaceâ€
Buck V

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sun May 28, 2006 9:37 pm

thanks all of you.... xxoo, Z
Rusty Zipper

The Club here

Postby 918gma » Mon May 29, 2006 5:30 am

The club I attend here in Phoenix has a board dedicated to members of this club that have died sober. It's awesome to see the collection of names. Many of the club members know one or another of them and can tell you if you ask. It always gives me a moments pause. If I do the deal I too could be on that wall some day.
918gma

Re: The Club here

Postby MarkW » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:16 pm

918gma wrote:The club I attend here in Phoenix has a board dedicated to members of this club that have died sober. It's awesome to see the collection of names. Many of the club members know one or another of them and can tell you if you ask. It always gives me a moments pause. If I do the deal I too could be on that wall some day.

Wow... this is a strange feeling, but a good one :P

I've been blessed to have seen that board! On the way to LA a couple of yrs. ago three of us from Savannah made it to your clubhouse and met some truly wonderfull AA folks out there in Phoenix!

Thank all of you for being AA friends!

Mark
MarkW

Daily Reflection

Postby melrose » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:40 pm

I posted this previously...but I had not put it under the correct forum...

An ignorant man does not learn from his mistakes.
A smart man learns from his mistakes.
But a wise learns from the mistakes of others.
melrose

Daily Reflection

Postby melrose » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:41 pm

If you find yourself in a "collision" with someone or something, that might be a warning sign that you are trying to practice self-will...
melrose

To Love, or To Fear? We all have a choice.

Postby Dallas » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:51 pm

More Daily Reflections:

To Love, or To Fear? We all have a choice.

For centuries, philosophers have explored the depths of meaning and reality, in the question, “What is Love?â€
Dallas
Site Admin

No Need To Rush!

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm

This morning i was reflecting on how my recovery is a life long process, not a race that you want to hurry and beat all the others to the finish line. No vacations. Sometimes I think when i am hurting over one thing or another I want to take short cuts through the healing process, yet I know, or have learned, that it only leads me to troublesome times. for me, when i find myself just wanting to "hurry" through parts of my healing, i realize that i have to go through the hurt in order to receive the healing. When i find that i am relaxing in my recovery, things sneak up on me, such as old ideas, old ways of thinking, and it reminds me how i have to work this program without trying to get to the end in such a hurry. So, today, seems as though i will be working on Steps 1,2, & 3..When i feel that my sobriety is in trouble, i have to remind myself that i can't control a situation, that only GOD can, and if i turn it over to HIM, I will keep my sobriety.Thanks for letting me share my reflection with you today. Tonya
1dayatatime36

Guidelines for this Topic

Postby Step 12 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:59 am

Important! ...

1. Let’s keep focused on the topic subjects in the forums.

2. The topic of this forum is: Recovery.

3. The subject is: More Daily Reflections.

5. The main idea of this forum thread is for members to post their own original Daily Reflection.

The idea is not to discuss or debate each other on someone elses reflection. We can simply read it and move on. Discussions or conversations that do not relate to the topic and subject of the forums should be handled by Private Messages. Discussions and conversations about someone’s reflection should be addressed to the individual through Private Messages.

Thank you all, for your cooperation!

Step12.com
Step 12
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery