- More Daily Reflections...

More Daily Reflections...

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

reflecting

Postby Candy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:26 pm

It's too hot to be too serious about anything today. The only reflecting I want to do today is to see my body reflecting on the water in the pool. I'm headed back to the pool!

Keep it loose and don't get juiced!

Candy
Candy

Postby Dallas » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:52 pm

A few Daily Reflections Today

Understanding Life (One in a series)

a) A strange phenomenon of optics is that the first car to see a traffic light turn green is behind you.

b) Progress might have been alright at one time... but it has gone on far too long.

c) Be tolerant of people who disagree with you... they're entitled to have their stupid opinions.

d) In every life (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) there come some crappy days -- the secret is to learn not to take them personally.

e) Regardless of how hard I try... not every day will be a day when my vision of God's will ... gets carried out perfectly.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Daily

Postby Buck V » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:29 pm

My daily relection: "Daily"

It's been awhile since there's been a post in the daily reflections thread and reminds me of something that someone very recently told me. He said: "If you would like a little thing that work'd for me? one word 'Daily'". Being young in the program, and still somewhat floating on the PC, I find myself becoming complacent in the things that I need to do. I will wake up in the morning and forget to remind myself that I'm powerless, I'll go through the day thinking only of myself, I'll be too busy to go to a meeting, I'll forget to thank my HP and review my actions at the end of the day. And I wonder why all of a sudden I think that a beer would taste mighty fine right about now.

There are certain things that this alcoholic needs to do on a DAILY basis.

- Admit I am poweless

- Turn my will over to my HP and get out of myself

- Think before I act....Think before I talk. Ask myself "What whould the Master do?"

- Keep track of myself, my actions, my thoughts.

- Be honest with myself, with others, and my HP.

- Thank my HP for his grace and what His will has done for me today.

- Talk with, or at least correspond with, another alcoholic, or group of alcoholics, just to remind me of what I am, what I used to be like, and what I'm like today.

- And give only love.

If I don't do ALL of these things every day of the world, I feel myself starting to lose it.

Thanks for letting me share. Have a happy, safe, and sober 4th.

Buck
Buck V

Previous

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery