My daily relection: "Daily"
It's been awhile since there's been a post in the daily reflections thread and reminds me of something that someone very recently told me. He said: "If you would like a little thing that work'd for me? one word 'Daily'". Being young in the program, and still somewhat floating on the PC, I find myself becoming complacent in the things that I need to do. I will wake up in the morning and forget to remind myself that I'm powerless, I'll go through the day thinking only of myself, I'll be too busy to go to a meeting, I'll forget to thank my HP and review my actions at the end of the day. And I wonder why all of a sudden I think that a beer would taste mighty fine right about now.
There are certain things that this alcoholic needs to do on a DAILY basis.
- Admit I am poweless
- Turn my will over to my HP and get out of myself
- Think before I act....Think before I talk. Ask myself "What whould the Master do?"
- Keep track of myself, my actions, my thoughts.
- Be honest with myself, with others, and my HP.
- Thank my HP for his grace and what His will has done for me today.
- Talk with, or at least correspond with, another alcoholic, or group of alcoholics, just to remind me of what I am, what I used to be like, and what I'm like today.
- And give only love.
If I don't do ALL of these things every day of the world, I feel myself starting to lose it.
Thanks for letting me share. Have a happy, safe, and sober 4th.