- An open apology

An open apology

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

An open apology

Postby wareagle10 » Tue May 23, 2006 3:01 am

To all on the board: I would like to extend my apologies to all who happened to observe my two posts on diversity. Apparently they were not well received and created some ill feelings and some heated debate. I did not intend this to happen. My only thought was to pass on information regarding how I got sober and what helped to do so.

If I caused harm, resentment or anger for anyone on the board or caused others to become resentfuly toward each other, I offer my sincerest apologies. I have posted privately to those that I know were there on the board, but, I do not know how many others read the posts and did not respond, so I need to offer my sorrow for any damage caused.

I love this board and the people on it and I would never intentionally cause trouble for it. Again, my heartfelt apologies for any damage done.

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Postby cinderbobble » Tue May 23, 2006 5:30 am

John, I, for one have always found your posts to be not only candid and straight forward, but sincere and heartfelt. I feel that as alcoholics, we must all speak out on our own behalf, as people-pleasing is actually one of the most seductive and deceptive means that I have had that has gotten me into trouble. Therefore, I appreciate your presence on this board. Take care! Love - M!
cinderbobble

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Tue May 23, 2006 5:36 am

I second that cinderbobble..couldn't have said it better..GOD Bless..Tonya
1dayatatime36

Postby Buck V » Tue May 23, 2006 10:56 am

John,

Double Dittos on CinderB and Tonya's remarks. To borrow your phrase:

Take Care and Straight Ahead.

Buck
Buck V

Postby Dallas » Tue May 23, 2006 12:50 pm

I'd probably agree with the others if I knew what you were talking about.

Was it something that happened today?

Sometimes the loss of memory that an alcoholic suffers... is not such a bad thing to lose.

:lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby blueangel » Tue May 23, 2006 12:54 pm

Dallas wrote:I'd probably agree with the others if I knew what you were talking about.

Was it something that happened today?

Sometimes the loss of memory that an alcoholic suffers... is not such a bad thing to lose.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: Thank god it wasn't just me. I thought I was really losing it since I had no idea what he was talking about either.

.................Have a ggreat 24 everyone, Kay
blueangel

Postby Dallas » Tue May 23, 2006 5:34 pm

Just a reminder

One really neat feature of this forum... is that if you write something and then change your mind about it... want to take it back... or want to fix it... or whatever you choose to do... there is an "Edit Button!" All anyone has to do is use it!

Open apologies are typically not necessary nor are they suggested on the board. It's usually best to handle stuff like that with a PM to the person offended.

Same goes, if someone gets offended... it's always best for them to use the Private Message feature to let the individual know if they've offended you... rather than post it on the board.

And... disagreements and stuff like that are always best handled by Private Message. If they are not handled that way... take my word for it... it doesn't stay pretty around here for long! And, then... the weed-eater, mops and brooms have to come out.... and it takes longer to clean house. :wink:

If someone is bothering you, posting nasty stuff or anything like that, send the PM to the member Step12 ... and it will get taken care of.

Works for me. :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Recovery

Postby wareagle10 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:14 am

Point taken.

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery