- Reason to Celebrate

Reason to Celebrate

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Reason to Celebrate

Postby 918gma » Mon May 29, 2006 5:19 am

I remember what these words used to mean to me, time to get plastered. Today they have changed completely. Today I celebrated 2 years. What a glorious day. I spent it with friends, just relaxing and having fun.
We talked program, life, and laughed at ourselves and each other. It was the most fun I've had in years.
If I had gone to a meeting tonight, some one would have asked me how I did it. The truth of the matter is that I didn't do very much at all. Which was good because at the time I couldn't have done much of any thing positive if my life depended on it. And it did. I just didn't know it at the time. I read the Book, got a sponsor and followed instructions. I wasn't even very willing at first, nor did I go to any lengths. I took tiny steps and slowly but surly things began to change. I didn't even notice most of the changes, some one had to point them out to me. The deeper I got, the less I knew and the more willing to go to any length to stay sober. It has meant giving up things and people that I never thought I could live without. And really I'm not, I'm just sharing her with more people.
Today I have acceptance in my life. I accept who and what I am, and I try to do the best I can. I don't always make the grade, what ever that means. But I do the best I can at the time I'm doing it. The drinking has gone way simple because I chose to believe in a power greater than myself and became willing to trust that power. He did the hard stuff. Today I just suit up and show up. I try every day to do the best I can with the help of that power greater than myself.
Because of it I can celebrate without loosing my car or spending all my money, or forget how to get home. I wake up the next morning and I remember having fun. What more could a girl ask for.
918gma

congratulations!

Postby Dallas » Mon May 29, 2006 6:05 am

Congratulations Kathy!!!

Happy Birthday to.... you!

Happy Birthday dear Kathy!

Keep coming back!!!!!!

SOBER!!!!!!

Awesome girlfriend!!!!!!

Watching you grow has been a wonderful gift to me!

Thank you for allowing me to watch your progress.

You have really really really really changed since I first met you here at Step12.com!

Thank you for sharing your life with me, and for sharing it with us on the board here!

I send you hugs!!!!

Dallas
Last edited by Dallas on Mon May 29, 2006 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Tina L. » Mon May 29, 2006 6:15 am

happy birthday 2 u!!!!!!! Tina xoxoxoxo
Tina L.

Postby JR » Mon May 29, 2006 2:43 pm

Kathy,

Happy Birthday!!!! :D :D I am so glad you are here. Thank you for all you share on this site.

XOXOXO,

Jr
JR

Thank you

Postby 918gma » Tue May 30, 2006 5:15 am

Thank you every one. I couldn't do it with out the support of you, and my HP. God Bless. Kathy
918gma

Postby Tim » Wed May 31, 2006 12:41 am

It made my day to read that you are celebrating 2 years of sobriety! Take care and hang in there!
Tim

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery