- Slippers, Sneakers, Loafers & Brown Shoes

Slippers, Sneakers, Loafers & Brown Shoes

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Slippers, Sneakers, Loafers & Brown Shoes

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:43 am

You know, being an alcoholic an a addict in recovery is not an easy task, especially when it comes time to go buy another pair of shoes.
There’s lot’s to choose from.
We have the Two-Tone Wing-Tips. When I tried them on, I was put into the nightlife days, high-class, to sleezy-cheesy bars and clubs… booze,drugs, women, get’n one over on another. Being something I was not…
Now i tried on the Slippers. They didn’t make me ready for lounging , nor bedtime. They made me feel like saying, Hey! One drink wont hurt, you can handle it. You have some time, its all out of your system, go for it, if you cant handle it, just put it down. Problem with that, if I put it down, then I have to pick it up again, then put it down… I may, or may not be able too, and here goes the Merry go Round of addiction again.
Well, now I tried on a pair of Sneakers, Woe!-Bruth’a! I didn’t feel like run’n a marathon, nor taking a nice long walk. I felt like going underground. Again, I have some time in, why not just keep going to meetings, working with my sponser, and having a few Belts now and then… who would know? I can keep up the charade as long as no one gets hurt or finds out… A few Breath Mints? “Certs Certs, Two Mints in Oneâ€
Rusty Zipper

Postby anniemac » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:36 pm

Uh-oh....I've been wearing flip-flops all summer....that doesn't sound so good to me :shock:
anniemac

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:05 pm

annie, cuz its summer, maybe its ok on your feets.

just no flip-flop'n in your head. :shock:

all good wishes, and give only love.................xxoo, Brown Shoe Zip :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery