- Congratulations, DALLAS, on 20 Years of Continuous Sobriety!

Congratulations, DALLAS, on 20 Years of Continuous Sobriety!

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Congratulations, DALLAS, on 20 Years of Continuous Sobriety!

Postby anniemac » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:18 pm

:lol: :D :) :o :P :wink:

Wow, Dallas, that is some amazing series of 24's that you've put together there, my friend.

Congratulations to you, and best wishes for many many more to come.

Lotsa sober hugs,
Anne

(I sure hope I got this info right ~ pretty sure you had previously posted that 11/14 is your 20 yrs..... :oops: )
anniemac

Happy Birthday Dallas B.

Postby Moderator » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:30 pm

Dallas

We all wish you a Happy 20th Sober Birthday too

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Dallas........
Happy Birthday to you!!!!
Keep coming back...........................................

Thank you for all that you have done for us, for Step12.com, and for Alcoholics Anonymous.

The Moderators.
Site Admin

Happy Birthday!!

Postby musicmode » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:42 pm

:D

How sweet life can be. :lol:

Marker 20...here's to another 20...24 hours at a time.

Thanks for keeping me sober.
musicmode

Postby blueangel » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:05 am

Happy Birthday Dallas, You sure have worked hard and I'm not surprised at all that this is 20 years for you. For all that you are , and all that you do I just want to say thank you...As Always, Kay
blueangel

Postby Charlie M. » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:32 am

Happy Birthday Dallas! Keep coming back! I appreciate this site very much. Thank you for all that you do and thank you to all the other members for making this a second home for me.

Charlie M.
Charlie M.

Postby 12 Steps » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:37 am

Happy sober birthday Dallas. I wish you many many more 24's to come. I'm still waiting for you to send that Grapevine article. Please don't forget.

John in NY
12 Steps

Postby Jenny » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:56 am

Congratulations Dallas. I wish you the best of the best. Thank you for all your help. You have helped me more then you will ever know.

Your friend and in Fellowship of the Spirit

Jenny L.
Jenny

Postby Don G. » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:53 am

Congrats Big D!
who would have thunk we would have made it this long? :lol:
I wish you many more to come and they will come as long as you keep coming back.

You wont believe this. taLk about coencidence.
2 wks ago I listened to a tape of you telling your story at a place called the Rafters Club in Newhall California. You were just 3 years sober. Just a baby :lol: iT was a great talk. Last week I heard a tape of you talking at a Alano Club in Burbank CA. Im guessing you were 4 yrs sober on that tape cause it was 1990. Last night I was talking about you to my girlfriend and she has a box of old speaker tapes under her bed. We found a tape of you talking at the Canoga Park Breakfast Speaker Meeting on the sunday morning after your 5th Birthday! and here I come to the forum and find out you made it to the Big 20!!!!!!!!!! to Come across those tapes of you talking at meetings way back so long ago was really a trip. You did a good job carrying the message and its cool to see that you are still at it.

Happy B'Day.

One more question. Do you remember coming to the club house on Radford St in North Hollywood that Alabam C. ran (when she was still alive) when you were still going to meetings drunk because you could not get sober? I remember it. Man you were funny! One time you stumbled in on a convention planning meeting and when they told you they had a job for you you thought they were asking if you would let them nominate you for President of A.A. :lol: And you ask them "Do I have to be sober for this?" :lol: :lol: :lol: On another day you were passed out in your car and we all thought you were dead. You know what bud? AA really does work. it was not too funny when they found me passed out in my car thinking I was dead though.

Take care and Easy Does it!

Don G.
Don G.

Postby Dallas » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:19 pm

anniemac: Anne, thank you for your thoughfulness for starting this thread, It kind of teared me up when I saw it. And, thank you for sharing your experience, strength, insights and hope here on the site with us. I get a lot out of reading the messages that you post. Thank you for the congratulations and for the wishes!

Moderators: Dear Moderators! What can I say? Thank you for all your hard work and all that you do, for me and for the site. Thank you for the happy birthday song and for your kind comments. I'm sure that you do much more for me, than I'll ever do for you! Thank you, too, for not kicking me off the site or banning me while I'm still in the process of moving from pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization... to a more spiritually inclined member! (Some of my character defects just seem to pop out of the keyboard... and I'm working on getting better!)

musicmode: Anne, I love the music that you bring with you, and the language of the heart that you share with us. Thank you for keeping me sober! And, thank you for participating in my recovery. It's always a joy to read your messages.

blueangel: Kay... thank you for the sweet comments. And, thank you for all that you do for me, for the site, for Alcoholics Anonymous, and the tons of less-fortunates that you are always helping. The only thing that Mother Theresa had over you... was manners. :roll: ... :wink: Your heart is as big as the sky and your good deeds in the community are priceless. Thank you for your friendship.

Charlie M. : Charlie, thank you for the happy birthday wishes. I'll do my best to keep coming back... because I already know what my future will hold if I don't keep coming back! I'm glad you're finding something useful and valuable for you here on the site.

John B. : John B., I haven't forgotten you or the article! Thanks for the happy birthday! Am I going to have to wait for another year to get a post out of you? :): I look forward to when we can have another lunch together! Next time... you can buy! :wink:

Jenny: Jenny, it's wonderful to see a message from you on the board, too! That shyness in posting must be a Big Apple thing? I didn't know anyone in NY could be shy! I thought it wasn't allowed there! You and your experiences have touched my heart and my soul. Thank you for helping me, and thank you for your Fellowship in The Spirit!

Don G. : Don G. Don G. Don G. .... You sure know how to make a guy feel just absolutely deflated!!! Burn those damn tapes! I would be surprized to hear that those talks haven't driven someone back to drinking or caused a fatal case of the pukes! If you think that I gave a great talk... you need to attend more "real speaker meetings!" The best one is on Wednesday nights, 8 pm, in Brentwood! If you show up there... please do not say hello to my sponsor! (With your memories... he'll have me making amends until doomsday!) And, if you can't get to the Big Meeting... at least get out to the Friday Night Chatsworth Speaker Meeting! Is the Canoga Park Breakfast Meeting still held in the Women's League (or.. Women's Club) building?

To ALL of you!!!! Thank you for sharing yourselves, your sobriety, and your lives with me!!! Thank you for all that you do for me... it's all of you, that makes my life so much worth living!!!!

My best regards to all of you,

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Tina L. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:39 am

Happy Birthday, Dallas. Keep coming back! Thank you for all the help that you have been to me and for all that you do. I would still be drinking if it were not for all that you have done for me.

tina
xoxoxo
Tina L.

Next

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery