- Happy Holidays!!!!

Happy Holidays!!!!

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Happy Holidays!!!!

Postby anniemac » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:57 pm

Happy Hanukkah
Happy Solstice
Merry Christmas
Best wishes to all for a joyous and sober holiday season!

:lol: :D
anniemac

Postby Dallas » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:10 pm

Ditto on the Holiday Wishes to Everyone!

I hope that all of you have a
safe, sane, sober and Happy Holiday!

Remember.... some of us will be hanging around here

If you need help....

If you just want to rant, rave, share, or celebrate, you're welcome to join in!

If you just want to remain silent -- contemplating the deeper meanings of life and reality... as you wait to see if anyone will post a new message that is in accord with what you're thinking.... that's okay, too! :wink:

Whatever you choose to do - I wish well.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Happy Holidays

Postby Jim W » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:51 pm

I too wish everyone a happy holiday, regardless of the tradition of your choice.

The word holiday is rooted in the term holy day. When you walk with God, every day is a holiday.
Jim
Jim W

Postby anniemac » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:08 pm

Hey, I love that, Jim! Thanks for sharing.

Hope you all got through the holidays in one piece, with some money still left in the bank - :lol: .

Me, I got hit with a full blown head cold and am not feeling too great, but, contrary to my old ways, I didn't make a big deal about it and didn't cause my whole family to suffer because of it. Had a pretty nice holiday, as well.

Christmas Eve day we (husband, 14 yr old daughter and I) went in to NYC to see "The Tree" and the fancy schmancy window displays in the dept. store windows, neither of which were earth-shattering. We also went in to St. Patrick's Cathedral, which is quite an awesome building. Then we hopped a subway down to SoHo, the funkier section of town, and just wandered around a while.

Yesterday I did the all-out cooking deal, my brother in law came over - only family we have nearby. Also a friend joined us. Ya woulda thought we were having 20, the way I cooked. :oops: Well, guess since I don't cook the whole rest of the year, I figured I'd do it up for one day.

Santa was good to me, God is always good to me, and despite being home sick today, I am feeling good overall. Hope you all are, too.
anniemac

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery