- Charlie P., of Charlie and Joe -- passed away last night.

Charlie P., of Charlie and Joe -- passed away last night.

Alcoholics Anonymous AA Big Book Study and Discussion.

Charlie P., of Charlie and Joe -- passed away last night.

Postby Dallas » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:01 am

Charlie P., (of Charlie and Joe Big Book Study)
passed away last night.

April 21, 2011 -- Charlie P., (of Charlie and Joe Big Book Study) passed away last night. I doubt that I would have been able to stay sober and find the good life that I enjoy today had it not been for the work and efforts of you Charlie! You saved my life and helped me to find a new one! I am, and will be forever grateful, to and for you!

Charlie P. and Joe McQ, RIP, from Arkansas, USA, carried the message of Alcoholics Anonymous -- the Big Book, to literally hundreds of thousands of members in our Fellowship in dozens of countries all around the globe. Many in our Fellowship have been helped and had their lives transformed as a result of following along with Charlie and Joe, in their Big Book Studies, that were often performed at Conventions, Round-ups, Retreats, Conferences and onboard Sober Cruises.

I believe that Charlie and Joe -- were the spark and the flame, that generated a much needed fire in the belly of the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous -- to get back to the basics of recovery by Taking the 12 Steps -- using the Big Book, as the guide and source for the precise instructions on "Having Had A Spiritual Awakening as THE result of THESE Steps. Their efforts and work was reproduced on millions of CD's, cassette tapes, and MP3 files that have been downloaded to continue to carry the message of transformation, change, recovery and hope.

I'll continue to follow up with funeral and memorial service information as it becomes available.

~Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

How sad!

Postby Pebbles » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:13 am

I am saddened to hear this, Dallas. But I guess I can take comfort in knowing that Charlie died happy, joyous and free! I too have the BB on CD's that Joe and Charlie made. Hearing all they have to say about all the steps, etc. in that BB made much more sense to me than just trying to read the book alone-what they said helped me to make sense of things that I never did before, and so I am eternally grateful for that!!
Pebbles

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 am

They were great teachers.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:06 am

R.I.P.Charlie. Thanks for all you have freely given
DALLAS YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL WAY with words thank you

LUV-2-ALL. CESS
ccs

RIP

Postby junebug » Mon May 16, 2011 6:18 am

Thank you for letting us know.......................
junebug

Return to Big Book Study