- Your opinion is requested

Your opinion is requested

Meditation - a powerful tool for recovery!

Your opinion is requested

Postby tim-one » Sun May 31, 2009 12:56 pm

Friends,

All newcomers are told that faith in a Higher Power they understand is of utmost importance. I am convinced that it is of paramount import. It is written that sobriety is very near impossible without an HP.

Yet there seems to be a great reluctance among us to help with the search for fear of being too persuasive in one direction or another.

I have a desire to be helpful to those who have trouble finding their Higher Power. I don't care who or what that Power is and I am not inclined to promote mine to a suffering, conflicted mind. Only to help think it through. I am unshakeably convinced of mine, but I am not jealous or zealous in AA context.

I am asking for your opinions regarding another forum here; Something like "Finding your Higher Power" wherein we can discuss the thought processes we struggled with to break through our own resistance. It's a personal, very individual struggle (An internal "Holy War", if you will). I imagine many of us went through different, yet fairly common considerations.

Question:
1. Do you think such a forum would be helpful?
2. If not why not?
3. If so, please suggest forum rules that would make the forum more useful or that would limit misuse. Any concerns?

I can only guess it likely that everyone has an opinion about this.

If you have an opinion, but don't want it publicly shared, you can PM me. I promise your anonimity in this forum.

Thank you very much. God bless you one and all.

Love,
Tim-one

PS: I've posted this question in various forums. Please only respond in one forum to save site space. Or PM me. I'll keep my inbox cleared regularly. Thanks.
tim-one

Postby gunner48 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:07 am

Moved to Did God Walk or Did I
Last edited by gunner48 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunner48

Postby tim-one » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:40 pm

BigGun,

Thanks for your post. Would you mind adding your own topic to the "We Came to Believe" subject? There it become yours. And someone might need to hear it. Posting it here will get lost in no time.

There it will be found.

Thanks for sharing.

I have only my expierence here.

That's the point. Your experience, strength, and hope. Please add it to that subject.

Thanks, bro.

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

Return to Meditation and Recovery