- Why did I need to find a Higher Power?

Why did I need to find a Higher Power?

Personal experiences with a Higher Power of your own understanding.

Why did I need to find a Higher Power?

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:29 pm

Why did I need to find a Higher Power? For me, the answer was simple. My alcoholism and my addictions were a Power Greater than myself. They were a prison that kept me confined to drinking and using. I didn't have enough Power on my own -- to free myself from the alcohol and drugs. So, I needed a Power that was greater than my addictions to the alcohol and drugs. That's why I needed to find a Higher Power.

The alcohol and drugs did FOR me -- things that I could not do for myself. That's why I got hooked on them. But then, after I got hooked -- I couldn't get unhooked. So, I needed a Power that was greater than the power of alcohol and drugs.

Today, using the Higher Power of Sobriety (another name, that I choose to call God), that I discovered as a result of taking the 12 Steps and using the 12 Steps of AA, I no longer have to turn my will and my life over to the care of alcohol and drugs. I've been set free. Now, my job is to STAY free. :-) And, I stay free -- by practicing the principles of the 12 Steps.

Life is good today! Thank you God. Thank you sponsor. And, thank you AA.

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: Why did I need to find a Higher Power?

Postby Toast » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 pm

I used to think drink and drugs helped my thinking, now i realise they done my thinking for me and every thought i had while under there influence led me back to another debacle.

Thanks God its not like that today!
Toast

Return to Higher Power