- Treatment Centers

Treatment Centers

This discussion forum is for sharing personal experiences in or with Treatment Centers

Re: Treatment Centers

Postby Toast » Thu May 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi Jen,

I sincerely hope your visit goes well.

its truely amazing the education we get in AA. A 'college of knowledge' true enough.

God Bless
Toast

Postby SereneJH4life » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Hello all-

I went to the center to share and as soon as I got started..the fire alarm went off!! When we all got back into the room i re-started my story. During the drill, while we we all outside..the group was joking about how funny the situation was..it was a real icebreaker. As I shared I saw lots of heads nodding up and down and could tell they where identifying.

It was good for me as well. I was told before we went in that it was more infomal then an AA meeting, and that I could speak about anything not just alcohol..so I did.

I hope to see them all at a meeting when they get out...and i told them that too.
-jen
SereneJH4life

Postby Dallas » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks for the update Jen!
Glad that it went well for you.
I'm sure that it helped those that were listening to you.
They often want to know "Geezzz, how is this going to work after I get out?"
To see and hear someone, who is "on the outside" and "staying sober" it means a lot to them!
Especially... when it's coming from someone fresh in sobriety, instead of one of us that have been around for a long time.

When I was newly sober in AA -- I didn't believe anything anyone said -- IF they told me they had been sober for longer than a year. LOL. My belief was that if an alcoholic could stay sober longer than a year -- either they weren't really an alcoholic like me -- OR, they were just full of BS. LOL
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Treatment Centers for Alcoholism and Addiction