- Anonymity

Anonymity

Discussion related to the 12 Traditions

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:30 am

I hope the guy made more than a buck... that way he can keep making the decals!!! :lol: Without the guy making the decals --- those of us who love 'em and want 'em -- wouldn't have any other place to get them! :wink:

Just imagine.... the Big Book was originally published in hopes of making some money!!! A few times... the Pioneers were so broke and the book sales were so flat... that the printer wouldn't release any more books, and wouldn't print any new books... till they got more of the past due money that was owed to them! And, at the same time, one of our Founders and his wife... were homeless.....

I thank God for those who have stepped out and continue stepping out on the invisible limbs... risking much... so that some of us could be sober, happy, joyous and free... while those in Alkie business meetings sit around fighting and arguing over whether to have chips with dip, or dip with chips...or tostados with salsa! :roll: Often, those AA-related business meetings are the funniest show in town!!! They're always great for a good laugh... as long as they are not taken too seriously! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby cue » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 am

I have the privelige to do PI work with our local group. Anonymity is probably the biggest issue with this service. I had a lot of misconceptions and fear towards it when I joined the PI committee. On the one hand, it seems straightforward but real life is often full of grey areas. Issues like anonymity vs invisibility. It was suggested to me that I inform myself about the traditions before I decided to change the world :oops: Also, listening to others experiences was very helpful. Tradition workshops etc. That way I am better able to deal with all situations in a responsible manner. More useful to others.
Anonymity is a personal decision. Some people drop it when they feel it's appropriate. Others are not comfortable and that is ok. Not about who is right, it's about who is left :lol:
At the level of media, however, we must protect AA from our personalities as the purpose of PI is to inform public about message, not about me. Lots of ways of doing this without breaking traditions.
Regarding bumper stickers, we don't have the same car culture here so we don't see too many decals. In my opinion (and you can take that for what it is worth :roll:), it is a personal choice. The only problem I would see with it is if you see it with a more controversial sticker alongside e.g. pro-life or pro-abortion. We can differentiate AA from a different message, but can the public?
Love the discussion.

Cue
cue

Previous

Return to 12 Traditions Discussion