that they could get over them, too. We found that
freedom from fear was more important than freedom
from want.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 122
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:32 am

IF GOD is for me then whom shall I FEAR

NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!! its a beautiful feeling !!!!!!!!
ccs

Postby Tim » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:14 am

ccs wrote:IF GOD is for me then whom shall I FEAR

NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!! its a beautiful feeling !!!!!!!!

I used to fear that God was against me. I have learned that God is not against me and, better yet, that God is for me.

I have to be regularly reminded of this great fact for me and pay attention to it. In order to remember this and to meditate on God's love and care, I sometimes say or write out the phrase "God is for me"

Then I repeat it, meditating on a different word each time:
"GOD is for me"
"God IS for me"
"God is FOR me"
"God is for ME"
Tim

Postby Dallas » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:51 pm

Tim wrote:I used to fear that God was against me...

Ditto. I used to have that same fear. Then, it turned into a strong belief that he really was out to get me.

Later on, I learned that I had that belief -- because I kept asking Him and expecting Him to do the things that I was supposed to be doing.... and, He wasn't doing it.

That was when I finally learned that my head was mixed up about what "God was supposed to do" and "supposed to be."

Once I learned that lesson -- I had to take responsibility for my results and become accountable for all my actions.

His job was giving me the life and the means to solve my problems -- not to solve them for me. And, my problems were of my own making -- which meant that the solutions must be all of my own doing. He provided the tools -- and it's up to me to use them.

Then, I discovered that instead of "asking Him" for the things that I desired -- I was supposed to be working to have the things that I prayed for.

That was when my prayer changed to "God, please help me be willing to work to have the things that I've been asking you to provide."

Now, when I don't have the results that I want in my life -- instead of thinking "God is out to get me" -- "I try" to remember that I'm responsible for what I've got and for what I'm getting. And, if I want something to be different -- I have to do something different.

"God, help me be aware that I am a co-creator. Creating the results in my life.... with the ability to create different results."

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ROBERT » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:46 am

Nice post Dallas- :D
ROBERT

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics