- The greatest possession you have.

The greatest possession you have.

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

The greatest possession you have.

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:15 am

"Showing others who suffer how we were given help is the very thing which makes life seem so worth while to us now. Cling to the thought that, in God’s hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have—the key to life and happiness for others." ~pg 124 BB
Dallas
Site Admin

Pain and the past

Postby Serenity Seeker » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:00 pm

How weird is this? Love my higher power. I read this in a meeting lastnight in hopes to help another alcoholic who was feeling pain from the past. Not sure if it helped but I know it helped me to find this in the book and apply this to my life. pg. 124 post by Dallas.

Today's "Walk in Dry Places" meditation is listed below: I thank God for the tools I have today, to help me reach my higher power and appreciate even the hardest times. So as long as I do not pick up that first drink today.

"Why Do Bad Things Happen?"

Understanding Life. No one has been able to explain why pain and misfortune must be part of the human condition. Bad things can and do happen to everybody, and sometimes there's no way to explain it.

Even in sobritey, AA membrs have misfortunes-times when it appears that God is hiding. We even hear members share such experiences at meetings.

Many of us have found ways to use misfortunes constructively, however, by seeing how the program helps us deal with it. In some cases-but not all-we even learn that a misfortune was a disquised blessing.

Most important, by using the program, we are eliminating the drinking in our lives. That alone makes our immediate world a much better place for everyone.

[img]My%20life%20today%20can%20be%20both%20easy%20and%20hard.%20%20It%20gives%20me%20great%20comfort%20to%20know%20that%20I%20am%20not%20making%20conditions%20worse%20for%20myself%20and%20others.%20%20[/img]
Serenity Seeker

Postby Dallas » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Great message! Thanks for posting it!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:41 pm

When the end comes the only things we own is our deeds. They live on long after we're gone. So we better make then good. :lol:
Toast

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics