- Long day on the home front

Long day on the home front

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Long day on the home front

Postby 918gma » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:02 am

I think I am ready to go back to work. I love my family and have enjoyed being home and being of service, but I also enjoy getting away from it some times, and with not being able to drive, my choices have been limited. I guess there is too much of a good thing.

I have been working very hard on learning what triggers stress and chaos in my life and in the lives of those around me. I hope I am ready to face the public again without making a scene so to speak.

We as alcoholics are an interesting lot. It takes a lot to get us to stop and take a good hard look at things some times. What you see can surprise you. Not all of it has been bad. I did the best I could over the years with the skills I had.

Regrets guilt and hammers won't take it away. But learning from it will prevent it from happening again. I hope I have learned enough to carry me through to where I am suppose to be next.

Thank you all for putting up with me, while I had all that extra time on my hands. If I can be of service to any of you in any way, do not hesitate to ask.
918gma

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics