- Judgement vs. Tollerance

Judgement vs. Tollerance

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Judgement vs. Tollerance

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:28 pm

Judgement vs. Tollerance... ppfftt... it was said recently to me. it must be nice to get it on the first try. i got my Masters degree in Recovery. and you sit here judgeing those who dont... well lemetellya... honestly...knee jerk thought was you ass... nope, paused a moment... the result as follows... for me Judgement is takeing the persons beliefs or opinions and saying that their wrong. Tollerance, or lack of, for me is takeing that persons beliefs and opinions and saying that i do not agree... i am one among the many. no biger, better, no smarter and on... if i'm to search for the will of God. i can not pass judgement. for there is no judgement in Gods world.what God does do,is forgive... as for getting it the first time... yes, i'm coming up on three years next month. today, i'm stil clean and sober... if i do not continue to do the next right thing on a Daily basis... i might not have it on the first time... thanks for yet'n me get that out... xo to all... PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:15 am

I thought they were bending the rules just for me when they said "You're a member of A.A. if you say you are."

I still couldn't believe how any type organization with any sort of integrity or validity would allow someone like me to "keep coming back!"

Of course, there were a few oldtimers who said "Dallas, I have to tell you to 'keep coming back'... but, please... take your time. Don't rush!" :oops:
Last edited by Dallas on Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby snpk69 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:26 pm

Dallas wrote:Of course, there were a few oldtimers who said "Dallas, I have to tell you to 'keep coming back'... but, please... take your time. Don't rush!" :oops:

LOL Too funny
snpk69

Postby anniemac » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:50 pm

For me, my judgments are all rooted in my fears. I judge others as a defense against my own sick thinking. If I succeed in convincing myself they are wrong/bad/whatever, then it reaffirms to poor-me that I am right and therefore okay. Then I can protect myself in my cocoon of ignorance.

Thankfully, AA has given me an awakening to be aware that I do this, and sometimes even the ability to recognize it as I do it. Little by little my mind creaks opened a bit more, and I let the old musty stale Anne-thoughts out and allow love and light to flow in.
anniemac

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:21 pm

Ah! Fears, the Big Black Hat of the alcoholic.

that just what A.A., or more so the principals of, have shown me about. now its up to God, and the spirit to help rid me of them. no more fears, no more judgment. all is as it should.

anne, all good wishes, and keep giving that love. ................... xxoo, PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics