- Weekend wishes

Weekend wishes

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Weekend wishes

Postby Dallas » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:55 pm

Just a note here to wish all of you a happy, safe, sane and sober 4th of July weekend!!!!

We are definitely not a glum lot :lol:

I'm sure that God wants us to be sober, Happy, Joyous and Free!!! (page 133 BB)

Have a great weekend!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Did he say sane

Postby 918gma » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:10 am

Well if I have to be sane, I'm not going. LOL
Same here, I want to hear about all the fun.
918gma

Postby blueangel » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:03 pm

I'm planning on a great weekend doing absolutely nothing but being around sober, and hopefully sane people.

One year ago today I was dealing with a drunk ex hubby and we both ended up in handcuffs :lol: :lol:

I guess I could say that my resolution this year is to try really hard to avoid beating up men :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a great weekend everyone :D as always, Kay
blueangel

Postby Rusty Zipper » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:04 pm

thanks for the wishes Dallas.

not feel'n it this year. last year at this time i was with my sweetie, and our friend paula. hoot'n it up, have'n a Bar-B, watch'n the Ka-Booms! Ohh! Ahh!..... both gone from this disease. arg!..... i'm ok, the program, all of you, my friends around here, the great memories. and God, keeps me push'n foward............... a Happy Ka-Boom Day to all of you...

and kay, please! no beat'n up the brothers. rotf

all good wishes, and give only love.................... (_zip_)

ps, granny, why of course your sane! :shock:
Rusty Zipper

Postby blueangel » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:46 pm

hey Zip, so far so good, haven't had to beat one of the brothers's YET but the day is early :lol: :lol:

Thank you very much for the second reminder that I've gotten of that old thing I used to here about feeling bad cuz you had no car then seeing the man with no legs. I need to be grateful for what I do have and stop thinking about that damn yesterday DUH :shock: :lol: I have so much to be grateful for today that I really shouldn't be worried about a loss in my life that wasn't worth a damn thing. I guess it was that reminder of those handcuffs from last year that got me :lol:

One of my cats is a big 4 years old today too, so he's really really a big shot :lol:

Have a great day everyone while I go back to reminding that cat that all of the country is NOT really celebrating his birthday, but he in fact happened to be born on a national holiday :lol:

.........................Have a great 24 everyone, Kay :D
blueangel

Postby anniemac » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:28 pm

Thanks, Dallas...wasn't on line much over the long weekend. I did a lot of yard work, got to a couple of meetings, spent a little time at an AA friend's barbeque yesterday afternoon, and was in bed before the fireworks started! LOL - I never was a night owl without artificial stimulation :shock:
anniemac

Postby Buck V » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:29 pm

My 4th of July.

Every 4th of July, it's kind of a tradition that we invite my family down to beautiful southeastern NC, where we spend a week of partying at our place on Lake Waccamaw and seeing who can out drink the other (I always won that one). This year was so different. It was my first sober 4th of July since probably 1970. My family have always been "hard" drinkers, especially on vacation, and proud of it. My wife and kids were a little concerned about me being around them, but I really wasn't. I ended up being the designated dad. While their parents drank, or nursed hangovers, I took my kids, and my nieces and nephews (5 of them ages 9 through 14) out on the lake fishing, tubing, and skiing We rode bikes through the State Park. We played endless hands of hearts and spades. We played volleyball, badmitton and horseshoes. We had watermelon seed spitting contests. We drank gallons of sweet iced tea. We got sunburnt, we got mosquito bit. We had a great time. I guess their folks did too, but I was having too much fun to notice. Sometimes it amazes me how much I've missed in my life. As one of my brothers was leaving this morning he said "Gee, it didn't seem like we saw very much of you this time." I just smiled and said I hoped to see them next year.

Buck
Buck V

Postby wareagle10 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:10 am

That's a great post Buck. My family used to say that all the holidays and special events were much better since I wasn't drinking. They never had to worry about the wild temper tantrums or the falling over the furniture or falling face down in the mashed potatoes, with or without gravy.

Just think you can have these kinds of memories all the time. Just don't take the first drink and keep the program foremost in your mind. As long as sobriety is number one on your list these good times just keep on coming. I enjoyed the post and the memories it brought back for me, I now have many years of those memories all due to AA.

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics